Enlightened Equipment 0 Degree Revelation Quilt

Beendare

WKR
I would use a quilt in warm temps...and use my bag like that all the time. That cold...no quilt for me.

In zero degrees...best to have a waffle Matt under your inflatable pad.

At 20 deg and under I can feel a little bit of cold spots at times in my Exped Synmatt 7 and a good 20 deg down bag. Warm to below 10 deg for sure with the waffle pad under it.

Trial153

WKR
I have to eat some crow. Logged 15 nights in a EE apex quilt this past month and I loved everything about it.
Plenty warm for the rating with a good insulted pad. No hassle using it at all, in fact I think it's easier then messing with a zipper on a bag. Way less restrictive for me being a side and stomach sleeper and over all just more comfortable.
I plan on buying another EE and katabatic quilt to the mix. My plan is one down and one synthetic for my kit.

Who else has a 0* EE Rev. that has slept down below 0? Thinking of pulling the trigger but I sleep cold and hunt November in Northern BC. Go heavier or what? I have an xtherm and CCF pad and lightweight bivy.

I haven't been below zero, or not by much, in my 0* Revelation, but I've bounced around zero a few times. In cold weather, make sure you use your straps properly and use a good, insulated pad.

I put on dry base layers. I wear a balaclava and I use a silk liner. The liner helps keep the quilt cleaner and I believe minimizes some of the issues that some guys are having with drafts.

I don't use a bivy.