lightweight muzzlebrake!

Snowy Mountain Rifles

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
This thing comes in at a whopping 3oz!!!!

smr-brake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s one I had put on my .300wsm, not super LW, but not too bad. This one was made by Wild West Guns in Anchorge.
af45afaaa1854bc93ef8cdc45cf1c855.jpg

d05fd378a628fe4bcefab63740db3232.jpg

fd2be4c0e87b7bf454d7b1832fd9bc08.jpg

I have since cut the barrel back to 18” and currently having another brake made up for it by a gentleman down in ID. I’ll post up some pics with the weight, when I get it back in a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sodbuster

WKR
AK Troutbum

I have since cut the barrel back to 18” and currently having another brake made up for it by a gentleman down in ID. I’ll post up some pics with the weight, when I get it back in a week or so.

18 inch barreled WSM?

Just got this brake back in the mail. It’s a quarter ounce heavier than my old brake, but I’m OK with that. I really like the way it looks, now just need to take it to the range and see how she works.
be838ee59bc44fc0340a122cecf8e4c6.jpg

b70543a0b0e371e3f69c6438f592a924.jpg

18 inch barreled WSM?

I was able to get a pretty good deal ($80), on a brand new stock barrel for this rifle, so I thought I’d go ahead and do some mods to this one. When I initially put the brake on it, it was for my 12-year-old son’s goat hunt on Kodiak. I wanted him to shoot a fairly hard hitting round but I also wanted to try to keep him from getting beat up too much. Then I came across this deal on another barrel, so I decided to cut the original barrel back, and see how it performed. I don’t know what I’m getting for velocity’s out of this tube but I think I lost around 200-300 ft./sec. I’m okay with that because it’s still just as accurate, if not more accurate, and I’m not at all interested in long range hunting. If I do decide to go back to original I can always just re-barrel it with the spare tube.

Sodbuster

WKR
AK Troutbum
18 inch barreled WSM?
I was able to get a pretty good deal ($80), on a brand new stock barrel for this rifle, so I thought I’d go ahead and do some mods to this one. When I initially put the brake on it, it was for my 12-year-old son’s goat hunt on Kodiak. I wanted him to shoot a fairly hard hitting round but I also wanted to try to keep him from getting beat up too much. Then I came across this deal on another barrel, so I decided to cut the original barrel back, and see how it performed. I don’t know what I’m getting for velocity’s out of this tube but I think I lost around 200-300 ft./sec. I’m okay with that because it’s still just as accurate, if not more accurate, and I’m not at all interested in long range hunting. If I do decide to go back to original I can always just re-barrel it with the spare tube.

Good plan. Even more accurate is a nice bonus.

3oz for a Ti brake? No gracias. A Gen 1 APA micro bastard in stainless steel is 1.6 ounces and that thing flat out works.

Understand this might be bigger/longer for thick barrels, but then you've got the wrong target market for a Ti brake right?

If you could make a hunting version at ~ 1 oz, it's OD is still small for average hunting diameter #2 or #3 contour (<=0.75 in), and it has more port surface area than the micro bastard, now you've got something cool.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I find the APA average at best.

Much prefer the Terminator brakes or CA slayer breaks for carbon rifles.

TauPhi111

WKR
Q Cherry Bomb is 2 oz, steel, and is supposedly very effective as well as one of the best silencer mounts. Don't have one but I'm wanting to get a few