Tarptent Aeon Li

ztreat

FNG
Tarptent posted a preview on the IG account today. Apparently it's coming out in January 2019. It looks pretty roomie for a 1lb tent. I love the bathtub style ground cover with vestibule for gear. Looks like you could avoid the condensation factor with the way it stakes out. What do y'all think?

Looks pretty sick but my guess is it’s made for people of average height and not Sasquatch’s such as my self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Z

ztreat

FNG
I'm a Squatch too! But ol' Brady Miller from GoHunt ran the Tarptents (maybe he still runs them) and he's a Lurch too! I'll check the website to see if they have the dimensions up yet...

Beendare

WKR
Interesting, heres a link
Aeon Li - Tarptent

Specs say the floor is 30"W x 88" long.....7'4" is about what my current [discontinued] Tarptent model is...and its plenty long for me [6'4"]

This is dyneema so it ain't gonna be cheap. My guess is they will end up making a model in silnylon. That thing is pretty close to the design I'm working on for a one man shelter. Pitching it higher like that is the way my TT sets up now and there is zero condensation....but it can be breezy. No worries, then you just tighten it up and suck it down lower to the ground.

I keep waiting for my TT to die so I can buy another........but about 15 yrs plus now still going strong.....

I'm a Squatch too! But ol' Brady Miller from GoHunt ran the Tarptents (maybe he still runs them) and he's a Lurch too! I'll check the website to see if they have the dimensions up yet...

Yea he actually switched up this year to the Nemo Spike Storm from the Tarptent protrail. I’ve got a protrail as well but I hate how big it packs down and actual weight is still to heavy for me. I’m rocking a Jimmy tarp Hudson teepee right now because it’s much lighter, much more room and it packs much smaller than the protrail. It’s not perfect either because it’s a pita to pitch taught *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang! Very cool.

I’m having a hell of a time choosing between a stratospire LI and a dcf duomid with solo inner net. Not sure I’d want a single wall with a floor in wet conditions.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
I was pleased with Tarptent's first Dyneema shelter last year, the Notch Li. I put it through some crazy conditions in the high country of a couple states over 60 nights and it's ready for more.
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/sle...tch-li-review-tony-trietch-2.html#post1044379

Just yesterday I got an email from them about this tent and I will try to get one to test out and report back.

Ever get your hands on the new Aeon LI? Thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Floor space is bigger then the Notch.