Price vs Weight

I'll tell you that the older I get the more ounces matter and the less the price matters. It's your call on price over weight but an extra pound here and 6 ounces there starts to add up quick and once you set down and look at it all you realize that your carrying an extra 5 + pounds that you don't need to be carrying.
^^^Agree! Like what's already been stated here a few times, ultimately it comes down to what is the most important to you based on your abilities and finances, which only you can answer that question. If a quilt works for you, there's not doubt about it, a quilt will be much lighter and pack into a much smaller package, based on an apples to apples comparison. If you can afford to purchase a used quilt, and try it out to determine if they work for you, you probably won't regret it. What I mean by this is, this will answer the question as to whether or not you like quilts, and if not, you should be able to resell it for a very minimal loss, if any.

541hunter

WKR
I'm in the market for a new sleeping bag. I could get a good synthetic (MH Hyperlamina 15) or 650 fill down bag (MH Ratio 15) around $150 that meets my temp needs, weighs about 2lbs 9oz, and stuffs to about 12L. My other option is a 850 down quilt (EE Revelation) plus a hood for around $350, weighs 1lbs 7oz, and stuffs to about 6L.

The big question: Is 1 pound worth for $200?

Check out the north face hypercat. It comes in at 1lb 14oz in a 20 degree synthetic bag. For me a 20 degree bag covers most my temp needs. if I need more I can always throw in a sea to summit reactor line which is 14oz and they claim adds up to 20 degrees to the temp rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s easily worth it if you bivy camp where all your gear is on your back 100% of the time. If you pack in a spike camp, I’d focus on lightening your hunting gear that you carry constantly first.