0 Degree bag recommendations

Jevans44

FNG
Best 0 degree down sleeping bag that packs up small, had a anvil horn 15 this past rifle season and froze out there was looking for something with more fill seems like mine isn’t filled up much, any recommendations for a new bag?

OP
J

Jevans44

FNG
SG hottest bag I’ve ever been in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was the one I was looking at, seems like it was between this or a western mountaineering and feathered friends.

Brianb3

WKR
Tons of room. I’m 5.7 so w a grain of salt. I have very wide shoulders. I’ve done WM. And a few others. Absolutely love the SG 0

OP
J

Jevans44

FNG
That’s the probably the route I’ll go, hoping someone would sell one on here.

Brianb3

WKR
I waited for a used one on here for a year only saw a 15. Then decided to buy direct. Waited another 3-4 months to come in stock and jumped when they did

Trial153

WKR
Give the Nemo stalker, and WM kodiak MF a look. Can’t go far wrong with either of them

WM bag that fits your frame combined with a high R value pad such as an XTherm (sized to fit your frame).

OP
J

Jevans44

FNG
Give the Nemo stalker, and WM kodiak MF a look. Can’t go far wrong with either of them
Nemo was definitely another one I was considering, I hate feeling completely trapped in the bag and seems like they have a more side sleeper oriented design.

OP
J

Jevans44

FNG
WM bag that fits your frame combined with a high R value pad such as an XTherm (sized to fit your frame).
I’ve got a therma rest neo air xlite, I believe that R value was in the mid 4’s would the xtherm be a big difference?

OP
J

Jevans44

FNG
I waited for a used one on here for a year only saw a 15. Then decided to buy direct. Waited another 3-4 months to come in stock and jumped when they did

Guess that might be a good thing if no ones selling them, must be liking them!

I’ve got a therma rest neo air xlite, I believe that R value was in the mid 4’s would the xtherm be a big difference?
The XTherm should be about 6.9 so it’s quite a bit warmer.

The potential good news is that R values are additive. You could use your Neo Air and another pad to get comparable or higher.

pab

FNG
Have you tried the anvil 0°, I like how the big Agness bags have the pad sleeve on the back. I used my lost ranger 15° bag and Nemo tensor pad down to 0° with out being to cold. A puffy suit helps

OP
J

Jevans44

FNG
Have you tried the anvil 0°, I like how the big Agness bags have the pad sleeve on the back. I used my lost ranger 15° bag and Nemo tensor pad down to 0° with out being to cold. A puffy suit helps
Haven’t tried that bag, it’s definitely nice they have the pad holder on the bottom, would like to sacrifice some packability and weight by not having to sleep in my down stuff.

OP
J

Jevans44

FNG
Haven’t tried that bag, it’s definitely nice they have the pad holder on the bottom, would like to sacrifice some packability and weight by not having to sleep in my down stuff.
WM Kodiak 0* and never worry about a bag again

Yeah one thing I liked about the sg was the treated down or whatever they call it that doesn’t get matted down and repels the water, do you know if the kodiak has anything like that?

Yeah one thing I liked about the sg was the treated down or whatever they call it that doesn’t get matted down and repels the water, do you know if the kodiak has anything like that?

Taken straight from the WM website. It appears they haven’t been convinced adding fancy chemicals to 100% goose down is an advantage and lots of current and longtime WM users would agree.

Attachments

• 2D602666-D3A9-4264-B44F-CDF61DC20A03.jpeg
    2D602666-D3A9-4264-B44F-CDF61DC20A03.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 73