004 tag CO

street

WKR
First time hunting any of these units. So far it's been good trying to learn the area and narrow down potential spots. I was out scouting the last few days. Still have a lot to learn about the area but I saw a ton of deer and quite a bit of bucks. The units turned out to be quite a bit different than what I expected off the sat images so it was nice to get boots on ground.

I'm wondering if anyone else is hunting the same units this year and want to share notes? I'm just trying to learn as much as I can before the season opens - so far it seems like it will be a pretty difficult hunt. Going to try and get back there at least one more time before the season starts.

OP
street

street

WKR
Gets hit hard in rifle seasons. Have backup plans, because anyplace a truck can pull off is likely to have a truck pulled off in it.
That's what I expect and am planning, thanks. I have a 2nd rifle so even more pressure plus the OTC elk rifle tags.

OP
street

street

WKR
Wanted to bump this thread in case anyone wants to share Intel on units 4, 14, 441 and 214. Seasons starting in a week. I've done quite a bit of scouting already this year. Send me PM if you're willing to share/exchange info about the area. Thanks