09/11/01

CiK01

WKR
634c4a2daa6c75600880b9c34fcf2c96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
I could see at the time that the 9/11 attack didn't sink into many Americans
and I was right as 7 years later they elected a friend of our enemies as POTUS.

Changed my life forever. Spent almost 3 years in Afghanistan and another 7-8 months in Iraq about it. My son is 14 and we’ve been at war his whole life and prior to his birth. It’s all he’s ever known this nation to do.

EastMT

WKR
I was watching the news before work at home near Kansas City when the second plane hit. I’ll never forget the anchors reaction, realizing the first one was not an accident as it hit.

Squirrels

WKR
I was leaving a class in the basement of the university library, came up the stairs and started to leave the library. There was a very large theater room near the exit. I could see the towers on the large screen...I walked in and sat down with a couple others already in the room....i sat motionless for almost 4 hours......to this day I am still at a loss for words....
Thanks to those who have been willing to go after em

Last edited:
Changed my life forever. Spent almost 3 years in Afghanistan and another 7-8 months in Iraq about it. My son is 14 and we’ve been at war his whole life and prior to his birth. It’s all he’s ever known this nation to do.

Thank you for your service.

marktole

WKR

I can relate to this, friend. I was in the 5th grade when 9/11 happened. 10 years old. Fought in the ensuing war in Afghanistan 9 years later as a Marine. Never would’ve dreamed how that day would shape my life as a 10 year old.

I can relate to this, friend. I was in the 5th grade when 9/11 happened. 10 years old. Fought in the ensuing war in Afghanistan 9 years later as a Marine. Never would’ve dreamed how that day would shape my life as a 10 year old.

Yeah- I had kids in my squad in 09-10 who had been waiting there turn a long long time.

My son just did a 5k memorial run with my old unit for a recently fallen comrade. It’s the community he knows and the culture he understands since he grew up immersed in it- and he’s another one hoping it doesn’t end just yet. I got emotional reading his text about it the other day.

Last edited:
I was traveling from Philadelphia to the Jersey Shore. My wife was out of the hospital while in remission from her fight with leukemia. My son was 8 months old. All the digital marquee signs said "all bridges and tunnels into Manhattan are closed" We went into a rest area to see the tv coverage. We then proceeded to our home we rented on the shore and the beach was flat out empty. I remember seeing a fighter jet racing north just over the water. I could see a full armament of weapons on its wing and it was at that point it clicked that we were at war.

For all that have served before and sense that day. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. thank you for answering the call.

I was heading to a meeting in Renton when I heard it on the radio. I pulled a u-turn and an hour later was back with my friends and teammates on the 767 line.

17 years later and I still shake with anger typing this. Anybody who thinks the average Boeing employee is lazy, just punching a timeclock or worse, don’t care, simply don’t know wtf they are talking about.

To have something designed to bring families and cultures together and even to get folks to their dream hunting trip turned into a wmd still pisses me off. I’m thrilled the 767 will spend the next 50 years fueling fighter/bombers so they can continue to kill these bastards.

A heartfelt thanks to all first responders and soldiers. We got your back!!!