1,200 Yard .45 Cal Sidelock (Rice Barrels 1:17 Twist)

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
My new .45 Cal Rice Barrel, and a new personal best Shoot. I fell in love with my 1-24 Twist .50 Cal Rice Barrel, And of course my 1:20 Twist Rice as well. In short, My Rice Barrels are my TOP DOGS šŸ‘ I ended up ordering a .45 Cal in 1:17 Twist to go with them, A dedicated ā€œLong Rangerā€œ The Barrel Showed up Friday Morning, I installed a Lee Shaver adjustable front sight, And fitted the Barrel in the same TC Hawken Stock that the 1:24 Twist .50 Cal Rice Rests in. I group shot it Saturday Morning with 2 of Favorite Long Range .45 Cal Bullets, Both BACO Ellipticals (Paper Patch, and Grease Groove) Both bullets Shot AWESOME, about 3/4 to 1ā€ at 100 Yards. I loaded up Monday morning and headed for 1,200 Yards

The Video

After getting everything setup the Fog Rolled in and had me at a ā€œStand Stilā€œ I waited for nearly 2 Hours, it finally lifted and turned out to be a really nice Day

NYM8a7E.jpg

8RFk3wv.jpg

jmIIo5n.jpg

The Bullet i chose for this outing was my BACO .453 Elliptical, Lubed with my ā€œModifiedā€œ Bullshopā€™s NASA Lube

d4hFJLc.jpg

Barrel stil in the White, Has a total of 8 Shots fired through it at this Point (From Sighting in at 100 Yards Saturday Morning) Itā€™s 9th Shot was at 1,200 Yards šŸ‘

i9J6Hz3.jpg

After the Shoot i came home and Cleaned the Barrel Good, Removed the Front Sight, Under Rib & Thimbles For Engraving & Hot Blueing, I just now got back with it from Engraving, Pictures arenā€™t the Best here and do it NO Justice, Engraving turned out AMAZING šŸ‘ The Barrel goes for Hot Blueing in the Morning
CXGIyvTm.jpg

With itā€˜s 1:17 Twist This is a TRUE ā€œHOTROD Hawkenā€œ :) I decided to Name it ā€œEleanorā€ for the Shelby GT500 from the Movie ā€œGone in 60 Secondsā€

Fc9QRhm.jpg

pO60MCy.jpg

And lastly, Here are the 2 Bullets from Both Shots in the Video above, The bullet on the left is the Shot that hit Left, it was Damaged badly on the underside from a Rock, and the Bullet on the Right is the one that Hit the Steel Plate, If anyone thinks that these BIG Lead Bullets have NOTHING left on them at 1,200 Yards, You better Re-think that :) BIG Lead continues to be BAD @SS Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay Out there, Smashed Flat as a Razor, That is the Bullet Base you see, even the Sprue Cut :)

cbIq4Tc.jpg

sram9102

WKR
Your youtube channel makes me feel rather inept with a rifle. Fantastic shooting sir.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Amazing shooting. I'd need a barnside just to see it at that distance.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Thats ballistically not possible. :ROFLMAO:(y)

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at people posting on the Youtube vids.

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
Daaaaaammnnnnn!!!!!

What is your experience with reliable distance grouping with the other twist rates?

Scotty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yarak

WKR
Pretty good shooting sir
Read a story from the late 1800ā€™s where the Irish and Americans had a competition shoot at 800, 900 & 1000 yds
I believe a fella name Rigby built the rifles for the Irish and was on their team
Your vid made me think of this story