1.5" Hip Belt Buckle Replacement

j33

WKR
Hey guys I broke my Kuiu hip belt 1.5" buckle for 2019 suspension, totally my fault. I sent a note to Kuiu on replacement buckles so might go that route but was interested in everyone's opinion on a heavier duty metal option like the "AustriAlpin Cobra" buckles.

I've got an edc belt with a cobra buckle and I'd say it's probly overkill. They are pretty heavy too. Idk what buckle kuiu uses but an itw buckle would be fine. That's what kifaru uses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: j33
OP
J

j33

WKR
Kuiu uses UTX Flex Single Bar Stealth. Thanks I'll check out the ITW buckles as well. Yeah the metal ones seem a bit heavy for sure, used to have it on my avalanche backpack and found with alot of snow they would freeze up.

Last edited:

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have really enjoyed the plastic cobra buckles. Easy to click and unclick no matter the temp, mittens, or what I’m wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Get 2, put one on your belt and stash one in a pocket in your pack. That is one of my top 5 recommendations for backpack hunters. I also recommend clipping it when in camp, etc. Much more difficult to break if you accidentally step on it (which a buddy did in camp once while bear hunting).

I put the AustriaAlpin buckles on all of my pack belts, absolutely love them. They weigh a bit and get a bit frozen when I set my pack down in the snow in winter, but I wouldn't trade the reliability away.

ChrisAU

WKR
Kuiu will send you a new one and a spare one for free if you ask. Absolutely a must that you have a spare on a backpack hunt.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get 2, put one on your belt and stash one in a pocket in your pack. That is one of my top 5 recommendations for backpack hunters. I also recommend clipping it when in camp, etc. Much more difficult to break if you accidentally step on it (which a buddy did in camp once while bear hunting).
I always clip the belt before loading it in the vehicle after slamming the door on a buckle. I agree few things can ruin a backpack trip faster than no waist belt. It's safe insurance to have an extra

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
J

j33

WKR

Yeah I will be clipping them now. Broke playing ruff with my 2 year old when I slammed my knee on it.
Gianna get 2 for sure.