$1,500-2,500 budget for a 300 win mag, what would you pick?

Sako76

WKR
X3 on the APR Maverick, I'm having a 300 Weatherby being built and it will be ready middle of April. $2800 with a brake added, flush cups, pic rail and Trigger Tech Special upgrade.

My son picked up a Fierce in 7mm mag and I am impressed. I was set to get the Weatherby mk5 accumark but his Fierce has muddied the waters for me. It will be one or the other. My son rifle does shoot under the .5 guarantee they have. I get skeptical of things like that, but most of the groups we shot were in the .4's. Some a little better and some a little worse.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Fierce Fury in .300 Win Mag. and It's fantastic. It is made in Canada though, but the company is it Utah.

Nilsen5

FNG
I am looking at getting a high-quality rifle chambered in 300 win mag that is made in the USA. I have a decent budget for something on the higher end and would like some suggestions. I primarily hunt whitetail, black bear, and elk in the mountains at ranges from 200-600 yards. I would prefer something on the lighter side as I will be hiking around with it but I am not interested in the ultra-lightweight category. I would like to get a rifle from a company that makes their rifles here in the states and has exceptional customer service. I plan on hunting with this rifle for many years with the intention of passing it down to my son.

The Weatherby Mark 5 rifles and Fierce rifles seem to have a good reputation. I am just looking for some info from people that have experience with higher-end rifles.
I have a seekins PH2 in 300PRC. It’s been an awesome rifle for me. 1” group at 350 yards

CCooper

WKR
Christensen Ridgeline or Traverse. I have had/ have 5 and set several up for others. All of shot sub moa.

I don’t think you could go wrong with a Cooper rifle. Best factory rifle I’ve had experience with. They guarantee them to be great shooters. Good luck with your search.

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
Its not the $1500-$2500 rifle you mentioned but I have been really satisfied with my Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range. All I have done to it is add a Mcarbo trigger spring, 20 MOA rail, and glass. I think it was $1100 OTD before extras. The 1:8 twist is kind of unique, the mag box allows for 3.595" COAL rounds, and the accuracy with 212 ELD-X handloads has been great. Recoil with a can is very mild for the caliber.

Not a custom rifle but a very accurate rifle, I shoot a Remington 300 win. mag. LSS the rifle was bought a few years back for a Ontario black bear hunt done just fine, have used it for white tails and this October will go to Wyoming for mule deer.

PowPowHawg

Lil-Rokslider
I’d buy my Pierce TI/Short Acton customs chambered 300 Wm with its 26 inch proof barrel and be done with it all…. Let me get my posts up first before we make a deal so I don’t get kicked off…

Attachments

• CDD05AA1-694C-4847-89FA-95FB90BC5295.jpeg
    CDD05AA1-694C-4847-89FA-95FB90BC5295.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 33