1 arrow for different poundage?

RyanCmns

WKR
I’ve been playing with a cheap takedown @42#’s but I recently picked up a 58” & 62” Palmer 58” is 58#’s and the 62” is 60#. I was going to order a few sets of limbs 1 set 40-45# and another 50-55# I was thinking maybe a 340ish spine with 200gr heads what are the chances of getting 1 arrow setup to fly well from 40-55#’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
You might pull it off with a long 400.....but 340 will be way stiff.

I can shoot 400's in my 50-57# bows with similar side cuts and do so by changing weight and bumping the side plate a bit.

ledflight

WKR
With the same weight upfront - LOW odds. But get a range of different weight field tips and you might be fine.
For example, 200 upfront with the 45# limbs and 150 upfront with the 55# limbs.
Test kits can be bought pretty affordably.

OP
RyanCmns

RyanCmns

WKR
That’s kind of what I was thinking just swapping out field point weights for each limb just would be nice to be able to have 1 arrow that works as far as the limbs what would be a good option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Define "works."

Yes, it will shoot, but if you want broadheads to fly well, that's a different story. Lean toward your hunting setup, and then compensate for your practice setup. That said, I like the same fps (or as close as possible) from all my traditional setups so my brain sees the same trajectory whether it's a practice/small game bow or a heavy hunting bow.

Cy14561

Lil-Rokslider
Like was said before get a test kit of different point weights, it might work depends on the bows and how there shelf is cut, and limb design. Some bows are just more forgiving of Arrow spine than others. Now you won’t be shooting bullet holes bare shafting with all of them but you should be able to play with them especially if your not stretching out the yardage

oldgoat

WKR
Good chance if you did get the arrow to tune, you would end up with too light of arrow on the heavy limbs and vice versa on the light ones and for sure there would be a huge gap between the speeds making yardage guessing extremely difficult!