1 down, 1 to go

bamagun

FNG
Got over to Idaho, from Wyoming where I connected at 27 yards. Weather in WY was all over the map and the recent dead falls made getting around tough, but we found enough bugles to make it alot of fun and me and my partner went 2 for 2. Now I'm just praying nobody steals my generator that runs my walk in cooler, while I'm up on the mountain in Idaho.

Attachments

• IMG_0780(1).jpg
    IMG_0780(1).jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 20200929_182813.jpg
    20200929_182813.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 324
I had some friends lose a generator from their camper up in the Bitterroot Montana. Thieves suck. Good luck in Idaho!

TX_Diver

WKR
Nice!

I'm interested in more info on the cooler when you're back. How it's made, etc.

Good luck on the next hunt.

Congrats on the bull! I too am interested in the cooler. Design, size, etc., I am assuming its on a trailer. September up here is cool enough weather to hang meat, but August caribou is too warm to hang, been thinking about a solution for a few years now.

OP
B

bamagun

FNG
Congrats on the bull! I too am interested in the cooler. Design, size, etc., I am assuming its on a trailer. September up here is cool enough weather to hang meat, but August caribou is too warm to hang, been thinking about a solution for a few years now.

Took a standard single axle enclosed trailer and built an internal wall just being the side door. Insulated the hell out of all sides, top, bottom with ductboard then hard foam insulation, taped all seams with foil tape. Then put 3/4 plywood on the floor and each season I put a fresh layer of vinyl flooring on top of it with the edges curved up (so I can just rinse the blood out). The cooling is super simple. Go to coolbot.com (I think thats the name of the site) and for about 400 bucks you can get what you need to overide a window unit so it gets down to 32 or 33 and never freezes up. Im using an 8000 btu window unit, the coolbot, a honda 2200 (I think thats the model) and an external 24 gallon marine fuel tank and can crank the generator and walk away for 12-13 days and when I get back my meat will still be 36 degrees... The most expensive part is the generator because you have to get one that has a pressure fuel system and not gravity, so you can hook it up to an external fuel tank for the extended run time... If youre going to build one at home, the skys the limit and it will be pretty cheap running off of house power. Hell, I use my trailer as my beer cooler when Im at the river in alabama during the summer. If anyone wants anymore info on the trailer/cooler, shoot me a message and I will try to answer your questions.