1 man backpacking tent

tttoadman

WKR
I have had the silvertip in about 3" of shitty wet oregon valley snow. It would have broken my trekking pole. It did break my 5/8 easton pole. I ended up building an REI 1" pole for this TP. A guy could probably be OK if he doubled up the trekking poles and tied them together. This shelter sags pretty bad because it is not very steep on the walls. I never fluffed it because i wanted to see what it would really do if left alone all day. I can see now where a 4 man is much steeper and would shed snow much better, but that seems excessive to pack for 1 person.

I am a critical #%$%^ about all my gear in our constant search, so don't take any of my negative observations too harsh. I love the silvertip.

Would the Silvertip be a good option for rain/snow as well? Do they offer a nest?

Great in the rain and snow. Seek Outside said they are working on a half nest or bivy sack for the Silvertip, but you can get one from Bear Paw Wilderness for $139 right now.

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is an old thread but curious if you can still run the stove with a single person net on the other side
QUOTE="Tim in Wa., post: 1092013, member: 1374"]
I got a one man nest from Bear Paw for my Silvertip.It works great
[/QUOTE]

Will you be running into snow?
If not look at a Hilleberg Niak. More room than a Akto and the same weight.

wveryrhjnf had a compromise just a matter of what you want space/weight/weather capabilities