1 thing we haven't talked about... Belts!

What are you guys using for a belt? I acquired a free Talus belt by Core4Element last season and while it is nice, and I really dig it for daily use.... it sucks underneath a pack. Too stiff, too thick, buckle is too large, and it kills the points of my hips. I really want to get something smaller and flexible/thin.

What are you running for a belt?

Mike

swat8888

WKR
I just converted a lashing strap from REI into my belt. Buckle could be lower profile, seems to work just fine. think it is 1 in webbing. Plus it was one 3 bucks, can't beat that.

dotman

WKR
The 1" kifaru belt is not wide enough for me, I really like my kuiu belt, wear it daily.

tstowater

WKR
I thought this had been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it. I bought the KUIU and frankly haven't had much chance to wear it as it has been hot enough to just wear gym shorts (notice: no cutoffs). It seems to fit good and look forward to using it. Reasonably wide and low profile.

OP
HellsCanyon
I've heard the Kuiu belt and the C4E belt are nearly identical... both buckles appear a bit thick for what I like. Anybody else using anything besides these belts?

MIKE

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I love my Sitka Gear belt. I have a few of them both for hunting and every day wear.

dotman

WKR
I've heard the Kuiu belt and the C4E belt are nearly identical... both buckles appear a bit thick for what I like. Anybody else using anything besides these belts?

MIKE

I don't think you could get a buckle any thinner then the kuiu buckle and have it not break or bend.

OP
HellsCanyon
Muleman,
Those look pretty sweet and hopefully from the picture are a bit more plastic than my current belt! Thank you!

Mike

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kuiu here....Mike, give the Kuiu a try, the buckle is not that big and doesn't interfere with the Kifaru waist belt at all.

OP
HellsCanyon
The Kuiu webbing looks a bit thick for what I'm wanting actually. A more flexible softer 1" webbing like those military belts is what I'm after. I've already talked to one person who has both the Kuiu and the C4E and they say they are almost identical...???

Mike

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mike it sounds like the Kifaru belts are exactly what your describing, with a more functional belt than the old military buckle.

Bearcat

FNG
I have a KUIU belt. It has no flex to it though. Is the Kifaru belt flexible?