10 day solo backcountry insanity

mproberts

WKR
I did multiple 7-10 day hiking/hunting trips last year where a goal zero flip 20 was more than enough for the whole trip. If you put your phone in airplane mode and it isn't searching for towers you should be more than fine. You should be able to get 2 full charges out of that, and I only ever needed 1. I used my phone every day for saved onxmaps, camera/photos, music/podcasts, games, etc. On one trip I was stuck in my tent a lot due to weather on the tundra.

when i download the podcasts to my phone (podbean app) i can play them back while my phone is on airplane mode and it seems to not use nearly the battery as streaming them.
that being said i do carry an external battery with me when going on anything longer than a 2 day trip. to be honest i couldn't tell you the brand of battery i carry as i got it for free a couple years ago but i believe the size of the battery is 10000 mAH. which seems to be enough to charge my Samsung Galaxy phone about 3 full charges resulting in about 6-7 days of total use. i will say the battery weighs about 3 times my phone does so i would assume there are now some lighter options out there for the same total juice but cant beat free :)

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
I dont take a phone. One of the main things I leave behind.no iPods,iPads,or maxi pads.