10 mm pistol ammunition

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I love the Glock 20, I have 3 of them.

My main woods pistol has a KKM barrel in it and I keep it loaded with underwood 220g bullets, I havn't had a single hiccup with it and its been shot a lot for training/practice. I didn't mess with the recoil spring because I don't give it a consistant diet of hot rounds, usually at the range, I'll just shoot some of that sig sauer ammo or blazer aluminum ammo.

When I first got the kkm barrel, I put well over 1k through it that summer and I'd estimate that 300 rounds of that was the underwood stuff since thats what I intended to carry. Zero issues.

For the record, I have 2 gen4 and 1 gen3, I love those things, I dont have to worry if I get dunked on my pack raft or splashed while driving my jet boat, the glock 20 works great for me and has for at least 5 years now. I don't even pull out my revolvers anymore.

Those of you running the hardcast 200's from Underwood are you running everything stock? I've got a KKM barrel but have yet to swap anything over.

With the HiTek coating on the Underwoods you won't have any leading issues if that is what you are asking with the stock barrel. The recoil impulse will likely be less violent with a little heavier than stock recoil spring. I shoot the DoubleTap 200 Hardcast from my stock barrel and don't have any problems. I might see just a few dull spots near the end of the barrel after 1-2 15 round mags but a cleaning or a few jacketed bullets and its good to go.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
Underwood 200 hard cast here as well in my Glock 20. For 4 legged critters.

Beendare

WKR
Anyone seen the tumbling from the 220gr [or any other ammo] that Hickok45 experienced?

One buddy told me he saw the key holing with his G20/220 gr so he rebarrelled.

I haven't seen any key holing with the 200gr and my stock barrel.

_____

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I never had the keyhole issue but I use KKM barrels. Those barrels improved the accuracy with every type of ammo.

w squared

FNG
For what it's worth, my favorite load in a G20 is that Underwood 180 grain XTP, right around 1300 FPS. I like it both because I like the way the XTP's hang together at higher velocities compared to other handgun bullets, and because it's a suitable choice for two and four legged critters up to the size of a black bear. I've only ever had cause to use one "for blood" once, and it worked in a more than satisfactory manner on the feral hog in question.

If I were bringing my G20 in grizzly country, I'd definitely upgrade to hardcast, and if I was going to shoot many rounds of that at all I'd grab a conventionally rifled barrel. That's probably an excess of caution on my part, but I'm okay with that.