10 month wait for kuiu attack pants about to come to an end

dotman

WKR
Well after waiting as long as you did I can completely understand over hyping them. They are a good pant with a great cut. Once you wear them a few times they'll grow on you. I'm excited to get my kryptek pants but I haven't hyped them up since I know of a few issues with the 2012 cut but after getting the vest I like the feel of their material better then Kuiu. Now I just need to see if it is as durable.

Blackcow

WKR
Just think, you guys got your attacks in just in time for a new version to be available for pre order! Just kidding . Maybe. In all honesty, I have six pair of the different colors,in the original attacks w/o the hip zips , and they are comfortable and hold up pretty well in our thick Az.catclaws,mesquite,oak brush etc.Not sure I'd have waited ten months,but I'm sure if you give them time, you'll like them.

slim9300

WKR
I have two more 34" pairs of Vias that will be here Monday.

I have two pairs of 34" Verde, 2 pairs of 34" Vias that I gave to my partner for Christmas and 1 pair of very heavily used brown ones. These are my favorite pants ever and the new cut is preferable for me. I love the 1" added length and hip zips.

Craig4791

WKR
I have two more 34" pairs of Vias that will be here Monday.

I have two pairs of 34" Verde, 2 pairs of 34" Vias that I gave to my partner for Christmas and 1 pair of very heavily used brown ones. These are my favorite pants ever and the new cut is preferable for me. I love the 1" added length and hip zips.

Slim,

Did you get 34's in the Canadian made Vias pants as well?

I heard the new sizing is different. I wear a 32" in the made in Canada pants and they fit perfect.

slim9300

WKR
Slim,

Did you get 34's in the Canadian made Vias pants as well?

I heard the new sizing is different. I wear a 32" in the made in Canada pants and they fit perfect.

Yep. I have three pairs of the Canadian Attack pants. They are a tinny bit looser in the thigh and about 0.5" smaller in the waist compared to the new fit. Plus, like I said, the new cut has about a 1" longer inseam.

Craig4791

WKR
Yep. I have three pairs of the Canadian Attack pants. They are a tinny bit looser in the thigh and about 0.5" smaller in the waist compared to the new fit. Plus, like I said, the new cut has about a 1" longer inseam.

Great! Thanks

They should be an even better fit for me then with the new sizing.

Curtis C

WKR
You can put the grippy strip in your Kuiu waistbelt by applying a thin layer of silicon that kifaru uses as seam sealer. I think its GE silicon caulking.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
You can put the grippy strip in your Kuiu waistbelt by applying a thin layer of silicon that kifaru uses as seam sealer. I think its GE silicon caulking.

never thought about that, would probably work well too

Whisky

WKR
Ok, I usually try not to knock anything until I try it for my self. I also try not to get caught up in internet hype as there is lots of that going around these days, for all sorts of things. But after all the hoopla regarding the Attack pants, and the fact KUIU had some Vias in stock, I ordered a pair. Got to test them out this morning with a 4 mile trek with snow shoes and a pack. I REALLY like them, and will be ordering another pair in Charcoal for other uses. The biggest thing for me is comfort and they don't get clammy. Even my First Lite Kanab pants would get clammy. Maybe these Attacks will in warmer weather, but so far so good. I could have rang the sweat out of my beanie, merino and Capilene tops, and cotton underwear. But the Attacks always felt dry, and after spending 10 minutes in the pickup they were completely dry. I love the stretch material.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I don't know how long it will last. But on my Sitka pants it didn't last a year. So I don't even see the point of having it.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it is just me, but I don't like the Sitka silicone lining. It started peeling off after a couple of washes, and my shirts seemed to climb out anyway... and when they did, the silicone rubbed my skin raw.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Maybe it is just me, but I don't like the Sitka silicone lining. It started peeling off after a couple of washes, and my shirts seemed to climb out anyway... and when they did, the silicone rubbed my skin raw.

strange.....i only used one pair of sitka pants all season and the silicone looks like new....i dont put them in the dryer though if that makes a difference?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't put them in the dryer either. I don't machine dry any of my synthetics, unless it expressly states to do so in the care instructions.

Maybe I am just unlucky, or it has to do with my body type. My shirts tend to climb pretty easy, and put a lot of friction in that area. Still I have several pairs of these, and they all have peeled like this. My oldest pair is in the garage somewhere, and the silicone all came off of them.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ascent pants. The are really nice early season pants. I just don't care for the silicone lining, and I prefer the Kuiu Attacks overall.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
im sure you're not just unlucky sounds like it has happened to others as well, that probably means my time is coming with my pants....the silicone like i said with the attack pants, or sitka, isn't a deal breaker but i sure do like it

Ok, I usually try not to knock anything until I try it for my self. I also try not to get caught up in internet hype as there is lots of that going around these days, for all sorts of things. But after all the hoopla regarding the Attack pants, and the fact KUIU had some Vias in stock, I ordered a pair. Got to test them out this morning with a 4 mile trek with snow shoes and a pack. I REALLY like them, and will be ordering another pair in Charcoal for other uses. The biggest thing for me is comfort and they don't get clammy. Even my First Lite Kanab pants would get clammy. Maybe these Attacks will in warmer weather, but so far so good. I could have rang the sweat out of my beanie, merino and Capilene tops, and cotton underwear. But the Attacks always felt dry, and after spending 10 minutes in the pickup they were completely dry. I love the stretch material.

The Attack material is fairly breathable and not clammy in breezy weather under 80 degrees based on my experience.

However, I would not wear them if its hotter than 85 degrees. This September the temperature spiked into 90's and I was soaked sitting still. It took a strong gust of wind to penetrate the fabric. I have some lighter weight technical pants from Columbia and Marmot that proved superior durning the heat wave. In cool and cold weather, the Attack fabric is very good.

Having said this, Kuiu is supposed to release a warm weather shirt and pant later this year.

400out

FNG
WOW! I don't have any of their gear, and it appears I won't! I really wanted to look into them when I was shopping for clothing this last year but couldnt find any to try on so ended up with sitka. 10 months!!!!!!!! That's a recipe for low sales right there

TEmbry

WKR
I don't see how that's possible really. I've ordered attack pants in vias two seperate times in the past 10 months and got them in less than 2-3 weeks both times?