10 month wait for kuiu attack pants about to come to an end

sk1

WKR
finally, got an email from kuiu my size 34 attack pants in vias have shipped, it has almost been 10 full months since i ordered them....i hope they have figured out the sizing issues everyone talks about since they introduced verde and moved factories....or else it will be a 10 month wait for an instant return. we'll see what happens........

shaun

WKR
I ordered mine at SCI they said they were getting a shipment of 350 pairs so hopefully they will send mine out so I am not in the 10month club

10 months is definitely too long! I am sure you will like the pants as they seem to be some of the best I have ever worn, although i do not know if any pants are worth waiting that long on.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gave up on mine, I ordered about the same time. I couldn't justify waiting that long especially when they told me I will have them before my August hunt. They lost a customer unless they come out with a miracle product.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I gave up on mine, I ordered about the same time. I couldn't justify waiting that long especially when they told me I will have them before my August hunt. They lost a customer unless they come out with a miracle product.

im with ya, i was guaranteed them for my hunt last august as well and then for my hunt in september, and then for sure for my hunt in november and then for absolute sure in january...., its february now.... but if they are as good as everyone claims, might as well wait if there isnt a better option...i love my sitka ascent pants, but id like to see how these compare.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
im with ya, i was guaranteed them for my hunt last august as well and then for my hunt in september, and then for sure for my hunt in november and then for absolute sure in january...., its february now.... but if they are as good as everyone claims, might as well wait if there isnt a better option...i love my sitka ascent pants, but id like to see how these compare.

My story tad well. Bottom line for me is kuiu is not worth being lied to repeatedly. I might have a different attitude if they were honest and said they didn't know when they will get some, it might be even as far out as 10 months. Not the route they chose though. Their loss

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
How strong are the attack pants? They're more of a light early season pant right? I don't think I can wait 10 months for pants though.

they just came in stock right now, if you want one i suggest you order it asap. i do not know how long the pre-order list was and how many they have to go around.

they are a lighter pant, i have been told slightly heavier than the sitka ascent, but most people i have talked with use them in their early season warmer hunts as well as later....never owned a pair so that's just what i have heard. most, not all that i have talked with seem to like them a little better than the sitka ascent pants

jherald

WKR
I've been waiting several months as well for the solid colors in the Attack. It's not my only option for hunting/hiking pants though. In the meantime I've had the Marmot Scree which has been good pants, just don't have the pockets the way I like on the Attack pants.

My old Sitka mothwing 90% are still running strong as well. As with any clothing company, hard to see into the crystal ball as to what will come in the future. The demand ran their supply dry and they couldn't keep up with it. Too big too fast, then they have to play catch up with everything. Sucks for everyone involved. I would imagine several outdoor clothing lines saw a rise in purchase of alpine mountain pants during the shortage of Kuiu Attack's.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
How strong are the attack pants? They're more of a light early season pant right? I don't think I can wait 10 months for pants though.

They are lightweight, but they aren't super-thin. They are made of a material with a smooth stretchy DWR finished material with a soft brushed lining. They are quite tear resistant, in my experience, and I wore them from pre-season scouting to late November snows.

Travis,

I agree completely that 10 months is way too long, and the communication should have been better. Just keep in mind that Kuiu may have not been lying to you, they could have been making good faith estimates, based on the information they were getting from the supplier/shipper.

I only say this from experience many years ago working in a flyfishing retail store, and suppliers were constantly dragging us along, and incorrect information would filter through us to customers and we ended up looking the dope.

I hope Kuiu gets their supply issues worked out ASAP, as the products I have are really top notch. I have ordered some of their stuff lately, but only if it was in stock and ready to ship. Shipping has been really fast for me. I got the gaiters last week, and I like the design a lot.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hear you Matt, I recieved emails and phone calal saying that they recieved next months shipment items(might not be exact words purchase order maybe). That was relayed to me a few different times saying "next month" now this is just my thoughts too but I think they might have pushed back vias production to make room for their verde line. I don't like verde when they first came out however at the sheep show I think it looked sharp. They just left a sour taste in my mouth I guess. Like you said though, they make a good product and If you are willing to wait and deal with shenanigans, might be worth it.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I would wait 10 months for the attack pants. They are the best hunting pants I have worn to date.

dotman

WKR
I've been waiting several months as well for the solid colors in the Attack. It's not my only option for hunting/hiking pants though. In the meantime I've had the Marmot Scree which has been good pants, just don't have the pockets the way I like on the Attack pants.

My old Sitka mothwing 90% are still running strong as well. As with any clothing company, hard to see into the crystal ball as to what will come in the future. The demand ran their supply dry and they couldn't keep up with it. Too big too fast, then they have to play catch up with everything. Sucks for everyone involved. I would imagine several outdoor clothing lines saw a rise in purchase of alpine mountain pants during the shortage of Kuiu Attack's.

I may have some solids for sale, waiting on my Kryptek pants to come in a week after ordering :). So far I really like the vest and the material is super quiet.

dotman

WKR
They are lightweight, but they aren't super-thin. They are made of a material with a smooth stretchy DWR finished material with a soft brushed lining. They are quite tear resistant, in my experience, and I wore them from pre-season scouting to late November snows.

Travis,

I agree completely that 10 months is way too long, and the communication should have been better. Just keep in mind that Kuiu may have not been lying to you, they could have been making good faith estimates, based on the information they were getting from the supplier/shipper.

I only say this from experience many years ago working in a flyfishing retail store, and suppliers were constantly dragging us along, and incorrect information would filter through us to customers and we ended up looking the dope.

I hope Kuiu gets their supply issues worked out ASAP, as the products I have are really top notch. I have ordered some of their stuff lately, but only if it was in stock and ready to ship. Shipping has been really fast for me. I got the gaiters last week, and I like the design a lot.

Not to stir the pot but I have to disagree, I bet they were holding back since they made a move to China, stopped production of Vias for Verde and told no one of this move. They knew that decision would hold up vias preorders but they didn't say a word until after the Verde started shipping and people questioned the labels, so I wouldn't say the were held up by supplier issues.

I would say they made a huge business change, released a new product knowing they had customers waiting for old products that were now moved back in production. This was purely a business decision and to keep from letting customers know a new camo was coming out they just kept saying current inventory is delayed.

Last edited:

tstowater

WKR
Don't know what the deal is, but 10 months is a long time to wait. I'm not as cynical as Dotman, but it does seem a little disconcerning as a customer. I have Attack pants in 34's. In fact, I should get a pair back that I loaned to one of the members here. Was beginning to wonder what the deal was, but this explains things. Will be interesting to see where these were made.

BTW, just went to KUIU shopping page. 34 Vias not available at this time was what the response was on the computer when I tried to order. Curious to see if anyone else tried that or the phone.

Last edited:

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I ordered mine yesterday but not sure if all the Vias 34s are spoken for. Was told, just wait for your email. Could be a few days or months!