100 for 100 push up challenge

So, I started a 100 push ups in 100 days challenge on Feb 8th and I could only do 25 without stopping. I’m now on day 26 and I’m up to 55 without stopping! The goal is to be able to do all 100 without stopping by day 100 and then on day 101 start doing 200 a day.

Might seem lofty, but I’m loving it so far. Who’s with me??

So after you hit your 25, are you done for the day? Do you drop to your knees and finish the 100? Or do you pick up the other 75 throughout the day?

OP
Tsmatherhorn
So, I’m between 50 and 55 on the first set right now and then I do the other 45-50 throughout the day. I’ve actually wound up doing more like 120-130 total each day because I’ve been pushing myself to failure on the follow up sets.

OP
Tsmatherhorn
So after you hit your 25, are you done for the day? Do you drop to your knees and finish the 100? Or do you pick up the other 75 throughout the day?
I see what you were asking now. No, it’s 100 a day regardless of when I get them in from sun up to sun down. I’ve also started adding in different variations (V, Wide, etc) to the mix to hit different muscles and keep it interesting.

rclouse79

WKR
If you are doing it for better hunting performance try this instead, unless your goal is rippling pecks in your grip and grins.
Start a timer than goes off every minute for 30 minutes. I started with 5 burpees every time the bell went off. If I couldn’t get to thirty minutes I would stop and try to get more reps the next day. Once I hit 30 I started over with 6 every minute. The goal was to eventually be able to do 10 a minute for thirty minutes. I ended up getting to 9 a minute and never gave up, but around 20 minutes it took me the whole minute to finish the 9 and then you are screwed. When I told my brother about it and he got ten a minute for 30 I gave up. I think I had some wrist issues as well. This was ten plus years ago I did it, and I think I was in the best shape of my life. I remember a friend who did a lot of trail running asked me to go and I ran him into the ground. The entire time I was thinking, this isn’t as bad as doing burpees.
Now I am I terrible shape compared to that peak. I think typing this out has inspired me to try it again. I will start out tomorrow shooting for ten minutes at 5.

OP
Tsmatherhorn
If you are doing it for better hunting performance try this instead, unless your goal is rippling pecks in your grip and grins.
Start a timer than goes off every minute for 30 minutes. I started with 5 burpees every time the bell went off. If I couldn’t get to thirty minutes I would stop and try to get more reps the next day. Once I hit 30 I started over with 6 every minute. The goal was to eventually be able to do 10 a minute for thirty minutes. I ended up getting to 9 a minute and never gave up, but around 20 minutes it took me the whole minute to finish the 9 and then you are screwed. When I told my brother about it and he got ten a minute for 30 I gave up. I think I had some wrist issues as well. This was ten plus years ago I did it, and I think I was in the best shape of my life. I remember a friend who did a lot of trail running asked me to go and I ran him into the ground. The entire time I was thinking, this isn’t as bad as doing burpees.
Now I am I terrible shape compared to that peak. I think typing this out has inspired me to try it again. I will start out tomorrow shooting for ten minutes at 5.
Sounds like a great challenge! I’ll have to make some time for that one too!

Steadman

WKR
I did something like this a couple years back. It was fun but needed up with elbow issues. I'm going to try the burpee challenge mentioned above. I hate burpees with a passion, time to get out of my comfort zone. Great ideas

rclouse79

WKR
Did the 6 for 27 min tonight. Will hit 30 min tomorrow.
You guys are in better shape than me. I did 5 a minute for 15 and there was no way I was doing another burpee the next day. I did go to the gym to do a different workout. I think I will force myself to do 5 for 20 minutes today. Baby steps are important when you get older and more fragile.

Steadman

WKR
Agreed. I've been staying in reasonable shape for quite awhile. Plus I have a very active and physical job so that helps some. Small steps are important so you don't get injured