100 for 100 push up challenge

OP
Tsmatherhorn
Alright…I just did my first 6 a minute for 5 min and my everything is burning…haha. I love it though! Baby steps indeed. Also, on day 30 of 100 of 100 for 100 push ups AND down another 2 lbs; 265!

BDRam16

WKR

His explanation in the video is kind of confusing, but reading the description really helps. Basically this will do one two things...either A. you are well above a fitness level where this would do anything for you ad you are basically wasting time or B. doing this without an equal training of your back muscles will lead to incredible posture issues because you have an unequal balance of strength.

The daily pushup plan alternative to this he offers is 5 sets of push-ups to a few reps below failure followed immediately by superman pulls (surprisingly difficult). This way it is not just an arbitrary number of 100 and you have room for growth within the plan as well as equally training your back to avoid posture problems.

OP
Tsmatherhorn

His explanation in the video is kind of confusing, but reading the description really helps. Basically this will do one two things...either A. you are well above a fitness level where this would do anything for you ad you are basically wasting time or B. doing this without an equal training of your back muscles will lead to incredible posture issues because you have an unequal balance of strength.

The daily pushup plan alternative to this he offers is 5 sets of push-ups to a few reps below failure followed immediately by superman pulls (surprisingly difficult). This way it is not just an arbitrary number of 100 and you have room for growth within the plan as well as equally training your back to avoid posture problems.
Thanks for looking out! Because I’m not even close to doing 100 in a row I have been breaking them up into 3 or 4 sessions a day to hit the total and have transitioned from “just getting them in” to being extremely intentional about my form. I’ve also started doing burpees and some other exercises as well to mix it up.

Steadman

WKR
So let the ego in today and instead of doing 6 for 30, I tried seven, and only made it to twenty. That extra per round kicked my butt. I'm committed to the seven now though

Steadman

WKR
Gotta keep myself accountable. Yesterday did 30 min of 5 burpees and 4 power cleans with 80# every minute for 30. Tonight did 8 burpees for 15 and 7 for fifteen. I'm going to mix in some other movements every other day so my elbows and shoulders can recover.

OP
Tsmatherhorn
Gotta keep myself accountable. Yesterday did 30 min of 5 burpees and 4 power cleans with 80# every minute for 30. Tonight did 8 burpees for 15 and 7 for fifteen. I'm going to mix in some other movements every other day so my elbows and shoulders can recover.
Awesome! Keep it going! I’ve kept up with the 100 push ups and have added 2-3 mile stroller walk/ jogs with my son 4 days this past week. Need to get back to burpees tomorrow. We have a 1 month old daughter too so, trying to do my best 😄

Steadman

WKR
Took yesterday off. Did 8 burpees a min for 30 with an asterisk. At round 20 or so I took a round off. So I did 8 for 29 minutes technically. Gotta be honest. That minute rest was key. But it was a bit kicker