$1000 binos

At that price point maven and tract have some very good options.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Redarrow

FNG
I’ve got the conquest 10x42s, really like them as far as clarity goes but I’ve never been a fan of the eyecups, they feel cheep to me and one actually broke, the zeiss warranty covered it no problem

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
I waited and kept a check on ebay and craigslist. Ended up getting a pair of swaros for $1,000. Guy was upgrading to a RF pair. I few minor scuffs on the outside. Glass in perfect condition.

Lots of guys recommending looking for used alpha glass for a little more than $1k. However, I would also recommend looking for used deals on the $1k class- both here and on ebay. I have seen used Conquests, Meostars and Nikon HG's go for MUCH lower than retail around here. You just need to be patient, know what you want and wait for the right deal to pop up.

jfs82

WKR
Lots of guys recommending looking for used alpha glass for a little more than $1k. However, I would also recommend looking for used deals on the $1k class- both here and on ebay. I have seen used Conquests, Meostars and Nikon HG's go for MUCH lower than retail around here. You just need to be patient, know what you want and wait for the right deal to pop up.
Agreed, grabbed used Maven B series on here for 600ish. look perfect still. Great binoculars.

Great advice.

ScottTL

FNG
eBay makes me nervous for used glass unless returns are allowed. There was a great price on a pair of Maven B 9x recently, but the seller wouldn’t respond to a request for details on glass condition.

Matt G.

WKR
Call Doug... Bought the Meoptas... my second pair and i love them. I tried the Trinovid HD, and went to the Meopta HD. The one issue is the tripod adaptor.

^Yep. I sold my used conquests for $550 and bought new in box monarch HGs for around $700 here in the classifieds.

I’ve got the conquest 10x42s, really like them as far as clarity goes but I’ve never been a fan of the eyecups, they feel cheep to me and one actually broke, the zeiss warranty covered it no problem

The eye cups on my pair broke as well. Were replaced and then I sold them without knowing they were cracked again. The second time around it must have taken Zeiss 4+ months to get another pair sent out.

JNDEER

WKR

This should help. I have never looked through Mavens, but my brother did at a Kuiu event in Dixon and was not impressed compared to his Vortex Razor's. One thing i learned in my "quest" was that price will dictate quality. A $1000 bino is just that and a $500 bino is just that.. There is no $500 bino that is as good as a $1000 bino to anyone who spends time behind glass on a regular basis.

This should help. I have never looked through Mavens, but my brother did at a Kuiu event in Dixon and was not impressed compared to his Vortex Razor's.]

I would disagree 100% with you I owned Razor 12x and Maven B2 11x. Mavens were optically by quite a bit. Now though I run Swaros.

ScottTL

FNG
Has anyone done a head to head comparison between the GPO Passion HD and the Maven B1?

JNDEER

WKR
lundell - you would be disagreeing with my brother, not I. Again, if i learned anything is that a $1000 bino is just that. I am not saying that Maven may edge the Razor, but they are both in the $1000 class and should be treated as such.

Wrench

WKR
I just sold my nikon edg's which are awesome. I kept my meopta 10x, swaro 15x and tract 8x, nikon monarch 7 10x for the kids.

With your budget and my experience I'd buy used or 8 and 10 tracts. The tract binos are awesome and will hang with anything I've owned.

Another vote for the Meopta if you can’t swing Swaro, Leica or Zeiss. The Cabelas instinct by Meopta have locking diopter which is a must have for me. I was sold on buying some el’s but ended up getting SLC’s since they fit way better. If they don’t fit really good you won’t use them near as often. Good quality comfortable glass will keep your eyes from hurting. If you wear glasses pay close attention to eye relief and ocular lens size and it makes a world of difference. You can find some decent deals on Kahles as well. Good luck with your search.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
After a bunch of research, and all these posts I believe I've narrowed it down meopta and maven if I can't find a used set of SLCs in my range. And for the record, if you're ever in the mood to read bino reviews followed by a bunch of passive aggressive insults written by uber-liberal, wealthy, whiny idiots arguing about chromatic aberration, hop on a birding forum and look for reviews on Maven optics. Holy crap is that stuff funny.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk