$1000 to spend on Binos

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
What are you buying?
New/used/save more money and get top-tier???

I am looking for some 10x42 or 10x50 and I have been questioning what to get. I have some options in mind, but want to get some opinions and make sure that I'm on the right track

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
Buy those monarchs. You will not be disappointed. They are amazing and better than anything IMO in the sub $1k range.

and they normally go for about $800 used....amazing deal.

I’ll qualify my statement with the below comparison I did 6 months ago (have to read all the thread to get to the point I really realize these are the best....and yes I own a pair now as well as B3 mavens and swaro ELs....HGs are awesome).

dtrkyman

WKR
There were a pair of original Steiner predators here for sale cheap, great deal if you can dig it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
You can get Nikon's on sale occasionally that are optically outstanding and extremely lightweight. Meopta are also a very good option.

qwerksc

WKR
Something used, Or save a little more. So many good ones in that range used. Look at some Birder reviews.

Monarch HG if you like lightweight or 8x, can be found for $750-800. Meostar if you don’t mind them being a bit heavier or if you want 10x or more power. Going back and forth between them, the meostar showed me what zero chromatic aberration looked like. After that, I couldn’t do the HG’s in 10x. At 8x the HG’s are perfect.

elkguide

WKR
Swarovski fanboy here. Save a little more and get a pair of SLC's.
But before you do anything, call Doug @ Cameraland and talk it through with him.

There was a pair of swaro slc in the exchange for right at a grand a few days ago

Edit* they are 8s which I prefer but you’re looking for 10s, sorry!

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
My Monarch HGs are for sale. Best out there under $1,000. These are priced to sell, and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have two pairs. Keeping one and selling the other.