103 yard, 3 shot group bowhunting practice video

J-Daddy

WKR
Dude that's a smoking 110yd group right there, don't blame you at all for taking a hero shot of that one...
I hear ya on the Hoyt Carbon bows, I had a Matrix for awhile last year and that thing was just a freakin tack driver. I still regret selling it, but I think my new Athens Afflixtion will be a shooter once I get done tuning on it.
As far as the over draw part of the AAE ProDrop goes, a lot of the top Pro's still shoot an overdraw style rest, Tim Gillingham shoots them all the time and I've seen Randy Ulmer still shooting them on his hunting rigs...If it works for those guys it can't be all bad, lol. I wish they would make a longer mount for the Hamskea Versa Rest, that's the rest I'm shooting this year but I'd like to slide it back farther than it is...I cut all my arrows as short as I can get them, it helps stiffen the spine up on them and cuts down on wind drift.

OP
BackcountryBull
Man that's impressive! Great shooting, what lengths and weights are you using on that sidekick??

Thanks!! I flipped my Sidekick around and removed the stock 4" Axium. So I now have a five inch extension in the front, with the small 2" Fuse Axium that weighs 4 oz. On the back I have the normal bar length the comes with the old style Sidekick, plus another 2" Fuse Axium, with an added 2 oz. Doinker weight. I still might play around with it a bit.

Dude that's a smoking 110yd group right there, don't blame you at all for taking a hero shot of that one...
I hear ya on the Hoyt Carbon bows, I had a Matrix for awhile last year and that thing was just a freakin tack driver. I still regret selling it, but I think my new Athens Afflixtion will be a shooter once I get done tuning on it.
As far as the over draw part of the AAE ProDrop goes, a lot of the top Pro's still shoot an overdraw style rest, Tim Gillingham shoots them all the time and I've seen Randy Ulmer still shooting them on his hunting rigs...If it works for those guys it can't be all bad, lol. I wish they would make a longer mount for the Hamskea Versa Rest, that's the rest I'm shooting this year but I'd like to slide it back farther than it is...I cut all my arrows as short as I can get them, it helps stiffen the spine up on them and cuts down on wind drift.

I have been hammering them with emails about an overdraw bracket for the Hamskea Versa Rest...last I heard they are making one and are trying to get it setup to be used on a bunch of bows. Hoyt's Tec riser is hard to work around. The overdraw bracket that Tim Gillingham is using is what I would love to get my hands on.

That was sweet. Are you in c-falls?

I do live in C-Falls. Small world. Have I met you before?

J-Daddy

WKR
I have been hammering them with emails about an overdraw bracket for the Hamskea Versa Rest...last I heard they are making one and are trying to get it setup to be used on a bunch of bows. Hoyt's Tec riser is hard to work around. The overdraw bracket that Tim Gillingham is using is what I would love to get my hands on.
Yeah the TEC risers do make it hard to work around...I remember a couple years ago seeing one of Randy Ulmer's Hoyts "Alphamax35 or Maxxis35, can't remember now" and he had a VT LimbDriver mounted to the actual Tec Bridge on there...No overdraw bracket at all, it was bolted straight to the TEC Bridge.
I remember seeing a pic of one of Tim's target Hoyts and he had an overdraw on there with the Hamskea rest...The Hamskea is a great rest, I love mine that I set up on my Athens Afflixtion recently...It's crazy how well these rests are made and they are almost to adjustable, lol.

OP
BackcountryBull
Ulmer is always thinking outside the box. You could also see that Tec bridge rest setup on a video clip that Ulmer was in. We must have seen the same photo of Tim. I have it saved on my computer now.

Here is Tim with his overdraw bracket.
TimsOverdrawMount.jpg

I hope they make microadjust available for the Hamskea rest. That is my only complaint with them. I added a few of the Hamskea parts to my Pro Drop/Freakshow overdraw rest.

J-Daddy

WKR
I had an AAE ProDrop for awhile...Nice rest and the microadjust is nice on them..Their launcher blade freakin sucks, they break to easy. My buddy slapped a Ripcord launcher on his ProDrop...
I dont know if they will do a microadjust Versa rest or not...I wi say this, for a rest with no micro adjust its moves really well...The machine tolerances are just so much better than everyone else's..What all Hamskea parts did you put on your rest???

OP
BackcountryBull
You're right...the launcher blade on the pro drop is no good. That whale tail will snap in time.

So right when I got the Pro Drop in hand I put the Hamskea Contoured Accu-Guide Launcher blade on, swapped out the limb clamp for the Hamskea version, added the spring to the Hamskea Limb Clamp...but I added the cable to the from the Pro Drop to the Hamskea Limb Clamp and spring setup, as I felt the Halo cord might not handle rough mountain bowhunting situations. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else doing this...so I am very happy with my results.

I just wish you could adjust the angle of the Pro Drop blade (it angles too far forward at full draw, so I have to move my overdraw back further)...or can you and I am just dumb and overlooked it?

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
, as I felt the Halo cord might not handle rough mountain bowhunting situations. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else doing this...so I am very happy with my results.

The halo cord is a whole lot stronger than you give it credit for. Much research was done on the strength and it's done just fine for the last few years in remote "rough mountain bowhunting situations". :)

OP
BackcountryBull
It's the brush that I was worried about. The kind that is taller than your head, alder and some sort of pine mix with tons of branches that grows like alder on steep south and north facing slopes. Even with my string sleeve, I still managed to fray my string in a bunch of places chasing elk last September in the nasty jungle. I feel one branch stuck in the wrong spot and things will go bad fast. It could happen with any setup...but just my observation. I wish we had more terrain like Colorado. Maybe I will give it a go again in time...I do love the simplicity of Halo.

J-Daddy

WKR
You're right...the launcher blade on the pro drop is no good. That whale tail will snap in time.

So right when I got the Pro Drop in hand I put the Hamskea Contoured Accu-Guide Launcher blade on, swapped out the limb clamp for the Hamskea version, added the spring to the Hamskea Limb Clamp...but I added the cable to the from the Pro Drop to the Hamskea Limb Clamp and spring setup, as I felt the Halo cord might not handle rough mountain bowhunting situations. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else doing this...so I am very happy with my results.

I just wish you could adjust the angle of the Pro Drop blade (it angles too far forward at full draw, so I have to move my overdraw back further)...or can you and I am just dumb and overlooked it?

Yeah the ProDrop needs a down travel stop that's adjustable on it...I think that's half the reason the launcher breaks on them because there's no real stop to keep it from slamming down to far. That's another nice thing with the Hamskea, you can adjust the launcher travel on them, I've got mine set where the launcher floats like an 1/8" over the shelf, makes it alot quieter and less likely to break stuff.

The halo cord is a whole lot stronger than you give it credit for. Much research was done on the strength and it's done just fine for the last few years in remote "rough mountain bowhunting situations". :)
Yeah so far the Halo is doing good...I like the idea of Halo alot better than the D-Loop cord like on the other rests on the market.
My only issue with the Hamskea is figuring out the right spring tension on it...I haven't really messed with it much on mine but I'm gonna try to tighten the tension up a notch or two because I'm getting some weird up & down misses with it sometimes. I don't know if it's me or not...