$105 12 Ounce 9.5’x9.5’ Tarp

Yes, I know REI and the hunting community aren’t best friends. This is actually the first thing I’ve purchased from them. Now that’s out of the way...

I found this yesterday when looking for a ~16 ounce ~10x10 tarp time be used as a shelter and glassing tarp. It was $150 and 15D. Thought it was an interesting option given the weight but kept looking. Stumbled on the page again today and it was 30% off. Little unsure about 15D, but figured I’d give it a shot given their return policy. Worst case scenario, I send it back or use it as a glassing tarp.

wapitibob

WKR
I buy a ton of stuff from REI, best return policy in the business. Some of the local employees are hunters and hunting is a non issue at this store.

bsnedeker

WKR
If you like funding anti 2nd amendment organizations you should feel free to spend your money with REI. They do have lots of great gear and the stores are cool but I won't give them my money.

I get the lightweight aspect but when you can get a DST from SO for just a little more, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
I get the lightweight aspect but when you can get a DST from SO for just a little more, why not?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s mostly the weight (7 ounces). Price is close enough to not matter as you noted.

I may still get the DST for comparison, or maybe something from a cottage company like Lite Outdoors, Yama, or Simply Light that can customize a bit.