10mm shot shell ?

I am planning on getting a Glock 20 this year for my AK season this year I am wondering if anyone knows any type of 10mm shot shell ammo is made I can't seem to find any. They make it for smaller calibers I am hoping that I could find some for 10mm. I am thinking it work good for ptarmigan, I'd just have a few in my hip pouch and it work much better than using my trekking pole as a spear. If not available I think I'm on to something!

OXN939

WKR
Let me know if you find some and pattern it. Max range for .357 shot shells out of a 4" S&W 686 is about the same as trekking poles.

OP
GoatBoat218
Let me know if you find some and pattern it. Max range for .357 shot shells out of a 4" S&W 686 is about the same as trekking poles.
Doubt I’d be much different. I was hoping for better. Have you taken any game with it?

I found a load somewhere years ago. Had some kind of shot and epoxy sealed it. Can’t remember what the wad or patch was. As far as I know they don’t make it for 10mm but you could use the CCI 40 S&W shotshell.

duchntr

WKR
Haven't tried it personally but .40 CCI's do work out of 10mm's. Cant say what MER for those are but I'm sure you could get close enough to a grouse or ptarmigan for them to be effective.

jeffpg

WKR
I have used 40 cal shot shells in my G35 with great success on snakes & birds out to about 10 yards. I wasn’t aware that I could fire them in my 10mm Glock...

2ski

WKR
I know the .40 will work out of a 10mm, but I wonder if the shot shell has the oomf to cycle the slide.

rayporter

WKR
personally i would not worry about having to hand cycle the slide.

you may be able to switch the shot capsule over and add a half gr of powder to get it to cycle. i did just that with a 9mm onto a .380. only i took out powder and the slide would not function so i kept adding powder till i got it to cycle.

it was a little work but it cycles. there is a way to make a .223 cartridge into a shot shell for the .380 too.

rayporter

WKR
the sling shot is also a great addition if you are used to one. you can carry the bands made up and tie them to a fork when you get off the plane.