10mm weights

mcseal2

WKR
I weighed my 10mm's just now working on a weight list for a future AK trip.

All weights include the light I carry on them at all times, and one spare magazine. The Olight Mini Valkyrie on the 1911 weighs 2.6oz, the Streamlight TLR-1 on the other two weighs 4.1oz. That is with the battery in it, the Olight is rechargeable and has a built in battery. This is the weight of the guns as I'd carry them minus ammo. I use Razco chest holsters built to fit the gun with the light, but did not include holster weights.

Sig P220 Hunter 51.3oz
Sig 1911 Tacops 47.1oz
Glock 20 40oz

The Glock has a 6" KKM barrel. The stock Glock barrel is 1oz lighter.

With both mags loaded plus a round in the chamber:

Sig 220 61.7oz
Sig 1911 Tacops 57.3oz
Glock 20 55oz (loaded w/ 12 rounds in each mag +1 in chamber. I went to stiffer mag springs in my G20 for better reliability) NOT 15 rounds per mag.

The Glock obviously holds more ammo with 12 rounds in each mag instead of 8 rounds. I was having reliability issues with my G20 stock with the factory hot loaded hardcast ammo so I put aftermarket mag springs in my mags trying to fix it. That did not end up being my problem, but once I found the reliability I was looking for with them I left it alone.

There is a substantial weigh difference between the poly framed Glock and the steel Sigs. They both have advantages and disadvantages. For me the advantage of the Glock is weight, and the lack of a hammer so debris can't get caught between the frame and hammer. The disadvantage is the trigger, I can shoot the other two more accurately, especially at longer range.. If I ever had a rifle issue and needed to hunt with the handgun, or just wanted to, I'd be more capable with one of the Sig's.

Just an FYI for anyone interested.

Last edited: