10x vs 15x

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you do ANY still hunting there is no way to hand hold 15x. You’ll go nuts trying to glass as you hike with 15x. I can’t imagine having to set up a tripod every time I look through my binos. Im constantly glassing with binos around my neck as I hunt.
I never had a problem holding my 15's, in fact I don't think I ever had them on a tripod. But the majority of my 15 use was for 3D shoots. I'm not as much into the scores and winning anymore, so I sold my 15's. But yes they are heavier than 10's.

Another vote for the 10X, because of their versatility. They're on my tripod for all my general glassing. In a situation where I need more power, I pull out a 554 spotter which is in my pack anytime I leave the trunk, no exceptions, because of its size and 28oz weight.

I can also freehand the 10X quite easily and steadily from a chest pack, for when I'm on the move or stalking in for a shot, though now a have a great pair of 8X33s for that.

I'm a firm believer in to each, his own. This is what works for me. The 15X just seems like a one trick pony, especially since you stated that you have a quality spotter.

Last edited:
another vote for 10's, 15's will always be niche, 10's can do close, bow hunt, and still reach a couple miles, 15's are too much for most hunting situations so aren't versatile enough for a one bino mission, 15's are a luxury bino you add after the 10's and drag out for those specific niches

If 12x is not an option then 15x and tripod or bipod. No point in 8x as most rangefinders are 7x and 10x is just no man’s land

MtnMike

FNG
1 more vote for 10x. I bought a pair of 15x for an Arizona hunt sold them immediately after the hunt. They were great for magnification buuuut...They were heavy, and the field of view was much poorer than than the 10x. I felt like I was constantly moving my glass to see more of the hill. I live in Idaho and hunt the mountains in southern/eastern part of the state, the 10x are my go to. Especially if you have a spotter, I'd recommend going with the 10's.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04