10x14 Kodiak Flexbow Pics of setup inside

RSC12

FNG
So I've pretty much decided to buy the 10x14 flexbow as our family/basecamp hunting tent. The reviews on the tent seem awesome and I'm sure it will work for a family of 4 in the summer and 3 guys on cots in the fall. I'm just wondering if anyone has pics of how you set it up with 3 cots. I'm assuming in a bit of a horseshoe, but since I can't seem to find a local retailer that has one setup I can't go check for myself. Thanks for any help.

I haven't had 3 cots in mine, just 2 xl cots setup along each wall. Leaving both entrances useful. You could run them like a horseshoe against 3 walls no problem. Only downside is that door will become useless.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

packer

FNG
I have a 10 x 10 and we can get 2 cots in it without any problem. I had a Cabela's 8 man guide tent and the Flex Bow has more room with 2 cots in it. Cabela's and Sportsman warehouse carry Flex Bow Tents. So simple to set up and very well built.

rbljack

WKR
this does seem to be a great tent based on the videos ive seen. They combine them with a Mr buddy heater and a CO2 sensor for a winter camping option as a base camp. Nice set up from what I can tell. Fairly fast and easy set up. My only concern is the shade tarp on the front of the tent. Seems like it would catch the wind pretty bad. I have the cabelas 8 man guide with deluxe vestibule. Its next to impossible to set up with only one person. This looks to be a lot easier. But...I don't see me getting rid of the guide tent any time soon.

this does seem to be a great tent based on the videos ive seen. They combine them with a Mr buddy heater and a CO2 sensor for a winter camping option as a base camp. Nice set up from what I can tell. Fairly fast and easy set up. My only concern is the shade tarp on the front of the tent. Seems like it would catch the wind pretty bad. I have the cabelas 8 man guide with deluxe vestibule. Its next to impossible to set up with only one person. This looks to be a lot easier. But...I don't see me getting rid of the guide tent any time soon.

My awning has been set up only once.. Leave it rolled up and you have no flapping in the wind issues.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry no pics but I had three cots set up in mine for a 5 day elk hunt last year and because we wanted to access both doors we set them up parallel with one against each 10’ wall and one offset between them. Plenty of room for guys and gear. I got the vestibule and it was handy for cooking in the evening and making coffee in the morning when we had moisture and wind.

sasquatch

WKR
get a set of bunk cots. And ditto on the awning, even if you put it up its too low. I cut mine clean off and setup a pop up out front with a big tarp over the whole setup making it one.

Terrapin

WKR
Don’t worry about the front shade flapping in the wind... it is always filled with 300 gallons of water; even when it hasn’t rained in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrapin

WKR
terrapin are you rolling it up under vs over?

I’m talking about when it’s deployed. It collects a giant pool of water that spends its entire life waiting for the opportunity to discharge its foul seed down the back of your neck. The design needs an additional support to give it a crown to shed water. We’ve tried poles, sticks etc, but haven’t had much success. Minor grievance on an otherwise great tent. We have 3 of them.

sasquatch

WKR
I’m talking about when it’s deployed. It collects a giant pool of water that spends its entire life waiting for the opportunity to discharge its foul seed down the back of your neck. The design needs an additional support to give it a crown to shed water. We’ve tried poles, sticks etc, but haven’t had much success. Minor grievance on an otherwise great tent. We have 3 of them.

Ahh yes agree. Reason I just cut mine off and use a popup with a tarp over the top making a porch with it also.

b0ac13fd27317b693a14bc024e6ef5b3.jpg