10x42 binos

vthokee

WKR
I have $1500 budget to spend on a pair of 10x42’s. First thought was Vortex Razors but I feel like there is possibly something better Out there. If you had 1500 to spend what would you buy? Not a lot of options to test out in Little Rock AR.

ahawk116

FNG
With that budget would shop for some used Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss personally. That or see if you can find a demo model on euro optic.com or some other websites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have $1500 budget to spend on a pair of 10x42’s. First thought was Vortex Razors but I feel like there is possibly something better Out there. If you had 1500 to spend what would you buy? Not a lot of options to test out in Little Rock AR.
The Razor UHDs are made in Japan and are great (regular razors are made in China). The Leupold Santiam HD’s are awesome! I run the 15x56’s and am blown away at the quality if the glass. They make a 10x42. The Bx-4 proguides and the Santiam HDs are made in Japan.

Yup, I agree with most of the above comments. With that budget, I would be looking at used alpha glass, and Vortex wouldn’t even be a consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have swarioski 10 x42 which i paid a pretty FOR not complaining they are awesome. rcently i borrowed a set of binoculars off my friend they were a brand I never heard of CARSON BINOCULARS. they have several models the ones I used were Carson 3d series with high definition and ed glass. I was super impressed enough I would recommend them . when i found out what they cost new i was floored! around 275.00 this is not joke check them out . He has used them on several hunts now and no complaints at all. Check it out and after reviewing let me know what your thoughts are.

Last edited:

Sadler

WKR
You can definitely get a set of used swaro EL 10x42s for $1500. Whenever I sell mine for the NLs that’ll be my asking price.

rdbunch20

FNG
I'm in the same boat, $1500 saved up. I was looking for 15s, maven, meopta, UHD but have decided to save up a little longer for Swaros.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TTSX180

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up a pair of slc’s for my wife just back from Swarovski for $900.
2005 production. Buy the best, even the older ones are great. Looked at the NL’s but reviews haven’t seemed great, ergonomics seem weird, who would think from Swarovski

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You should consider:
Meopta Meostar B1 Plus 10x42

Kowa Genesis 10.5x44

Both of these are below your budget and are exceptional optics.

It would be our pleasure to discuss this with you if you have the time to give a call, 516-217-1000

nobody

WKR
Swarovski SLC's for just a hair more, or some Maven B2's for a couple hundred less. Those Razor's will be disappointing, especially if you pay that much for them. They compare nicely with most mainstream $700 binoculars.

OP
vthokee

vthokee

WKR
I think the SLCs are going to be the ones I go for. Thanks for all the information and suggestions