10x42 binos

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
I have an undisclosed budget of about $500to possibly $1k. I’m open to all brands. I’m partial to meopta. I’ve like the leupold stuff I’ve looked through but have felt like they don’t go dollar for dollar on performance. I may wanna upgrade in the future. Don’t think I’ll need to under a grand hunting whitetail in Alabama. I’ve looked though optika 10x42 and leupold (Japanese made-older-not sure of model) the optika blow it away. I also think my optika 6 is brighter than my meopro. Both at 4x with a 50 mm objective. Preferences are crisp clear view and low light performance. No tripod in my future. Warranty matters, sweet spot matters. Looking at optika, bx4 pro, kowa bdii,maven c1, vortex viper hd, vanguard endevour?, or buying used meostars…

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I still have a hard time believing anyone beats the vortex vipers in the 500$ range, I’ve compared them against comparable mavens and would not trade my vipers. Plus you can buy them from cabelas for $300 right now. IMO that’s a steal unless you are willing to spend quite a bit more money

OP
Waterboy

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t considered tract since I heard there was a big Nikon relation and I haven’t been happy with the Nikon scope I have. I’ve sworn off all Nikon. That scope has cost me last minute bucks and has jump started my dive into better low light glass. Lol The buck that got away would be dead if I had iron sights. 🤦🏼‍♂️

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking at the Maven B1.2 also but to me the Torics are as good but a few hundred bucks less. There are other good choice also I just didn't want to agonize and analyze forever. I bought the Tracts and have not looked back.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
What kind of hunting and where? I found 10x to be more magnification than needed and it limited low light performance for my WT hunting. I prefer 8x for rifle and 6.5x for archery.

OP
Waterboy

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of hunting and where? I found 10x to be more magnification than needed and it limited low light performance for my WT hunting. I prefer 8x for rifle and 6.5x for archery.
Mostly partially open woods, some long power lines, green fields. I’ve thought about the 8x vs 10x as far as low light goes but I believe 10x would fit the bill better.

OP
Waterboy

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
Our pleasure to assist and discuss different options and special pricing. Give us a call 516-217-1000 so we can figure out what would be best for you.
I haven’t called but I did send an email to cameraland a few days ago.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
You say you're partial to Meopta. There is a set of 10x42 Meostar B1's (Cabela's Euro) on the classifieds right now in your price range ($575) You won't find anything close for that money.

OP
Waterboy

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
I
You say you're partial to Meopta. There is a set of 10x42 Meostar B1's (Cabela's Euro) on the classifieds right now in your price range ($575) You won't find anything close for that money.
saw that but I’m unsure of how the warranty/ warranty process works with Cabela’s now being owned by bps. I’ve read some say that meopta will warranty them and I’ve read that they wont. I was under the impression that the meostars match the Cabela’s euro. I’ve read that the non Cabela’s are better.

deezs

FNG
Take the advice and call Doug at Camerland, I just went through what you are trying to do, get a pair of 10 x 42's. I researched for months and waited for the holiday sales and was convinced I would be buying a set of Meopta Meopro. I called and told Doug I had a budget of $600, but would bump it up to $800 if he felt it was worth it. He told me about a pair that he had for $650 that was a step above the meopro's and I am extremely happy with them. Doug was great to deal with.

centershot

Lil-Rokslider
I have a like new Leica Trinovid HD 10x42, that I am considering selling. Let me know if you are interested.