10x42. Swaro SLC vs meopta

Hey guys looking to upgrade from my Nikon hg. My eyes don't like the field flattners. Is there any comparison between these 2. I hate to spend the extra money on the SLC if the meopta are close but I also don't want to be wishing I had bought better. Opinions

If you think you want the SLC's then just save up and get them. I have owned two pairs. I now run Meoptas if that tells you anything. I couldn't care less about brand names. My eyes know what they like. Look at them both and let your eyes decide.

OP
F
If you think you want the SLC's then just save up and get them. I have owned two pairs. I now run Meoptas if that tells you anything. I couldn't care less about brand names. My eyes know what they like. Look at them both and let your eyes decide.

I'm not biased either way just want some opinions of real life users

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
SLC are the real deal but you'll need to try them and decide if thier worth the money to you (they really are despite all the negative vibes a couple members are putting out there lately)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
I love my SLCs. No regrets spending the money there. However the Meostar HD is one heck of an optic. It’s gonna be a personal thing. Some would be happier with the SLC. Some would be happier with the Meopta and some extra cash in the pocket.

manitou1

WKR
Good advice above. I compared and preferred the Meostars. Others prefer the SLC. Depends on your eyes and preferences... but it tells you that they compare closely. Either should serve you well for a lifetime, plus.

ShakeDown

WKR
The Meostar is a heavy Bino. I kept my eyes peeled here on the classifieds and was able to scoop up my SLCs in awesome condition for $1,100.

After trying both I believe the average person would have a hard time distinguishing between the two optically. Price and ergonomics were my main consideration.

I looked for the better part of a year before finding my SLCs.

eamyrick

WKR
It’s no real comparison but I have the 10x42 SLCs and bought the Meopros as a backup. I spent a week behind the Swaros on a tripod glassing for mule deer and they really are a lifetime purchase I’ll pass down to my kids. I get zero eye fatigue and I can see clearly as far as I can hike in an hour.

JNDEER

WKR
If you don't like the flat viewing (assuming that's what the Nikon has).. to me the meopta (cabelas version) was more of a flat view like the EL. The SLC and vortex razor had more of a curved bright view.

eltaco

WKR
Do what you can to evaluate both in low light conditions side by side. That’s where these higher end binos really start to separate for me.

I don’t have experience with the Meopta, so no real comparison feedback for you. However, I bought a set of Mavens last year based on all of the rave reviews here and I must say they don’t hold a candle to the Swaro ELs I replaced them with... ive probably spread the same mis-info based on my comparisons to Swaro SLC and EL in daylight conditions, but the difference in low light is unbelievable.

Just do your best to compare for yourself if possible

I owned the slc hds and meostar hds and el swarovision all at the same time. It al, comes down to budget and what is best to your eyes. I ran all three on a tripod to compare. All are fantastic.

I ended up keeping the el swarovision and selling the others.

If you are deciding among alpha glass, try the Leica also. Their best are ultravid and noctovid, a small step down is the new trinovid.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
Comparing these two binos really is the epitome of splitting hairs. I have owned both, and currently have the SLC, mostly because the Meostar HD is not available in 8x42. If there was an 8x42, I probably would still have the Meopta. But to be clear, I do think the SLC glass is ever so slightly better.

I second what Lionhound said about the Meopta focus being better. I don't like the focus on my SLC.

tlsmith22

FNG
I have both and the Meopta is on backup duty. That being said, there is nothing wrong with the Meopta, I just prefer my SLCs because I am used to them.

Like others above said - Try them and see what your eyes (and hands) like, and don't get caught up in the branding. It is best to get them both in your hands at the same time if you have the chance. I have some old swaro 8x30 that are my 'all the time' bino, and a first gen meopta scope. Both companies have treated me really well with customer service/repair issues for what it's worth.

I own the Meoptas and my buddy has the newest SLCs. Both great glass. To my eyes the SLCs have a little better light gathering at low light, but it's really close. The Meoptas are noticeably heavier, making the SLC's feel better in the hand and in a bino harness. I scored the Meoptas used for a great price and I don't feel the need to upgrade to the SLC's. If money is no issue, get the SLC. If you are on a budget, you will still be getting great glass with the Meopta

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys looking to upgrade from my Nikon hg. My eyes don't like the field flattners. Is there any comparison between these 2. I hate to spend the extra money on the SLC if the meopta are close but I also don't want to be wishing I had bought better. Opinions
Cant go wrong with the SLC's. I feel comfortable saying that I love my wifes Meopta both in 10x42 and 15x56s. Its not culture shock going from my el's to her Meopta optics to see a buck or bull she has found. We usually setup on tripods and glass alot of country at a time.