11 Wyoming points?

280rem

FNG
Just wondering if anyone wanted to offer opinions on best options in Wyoming for 11 points or if this is even a good year to use them. I have 12 and buddy has 10 so we would be 11 in the drawing. Been considering taking a chance of maybe pulling unit 114 or going with 92 which should be a for sure draw. Thanks for any helpful insight.

Rich M

WKR
What do you want to do?

Peaceful hunt? Trophy animals?

Any high point unit will give you some elbow room.

OP
280rem

280rem

FNG
What do you want to do?

Peaceful hunt? Trophy animals?

Any high point unit will give you some elbow room.
80” plus potential #1
Low hunting pressure would be nice and would benefit in finding a trophy #2

Laramie

WKR
I agree with Buzz 100%. There are several areas that you can draw with your points that hold the type of bucks you are seeking. Having the ability and the time to sift through gobs of 70s bucks before you find your buck is the key. Any area you can draw with that many points will give you plenty of elbow room.

In your shoes I would apply special for what I consider the top area possible for you. It was 44.83% with 11 points in the regular last year but will likely be a slam dunk in the special with 11 this year.

Another consideration - why don't you guys apply separately. You draw this year and the two of you hunt hard for your buck and then in a year or two when he can draw you guys get to go again to hunt hard for his buck. Finding one booner is easier than finding 2.... And you guys get two fun trips instead of one that could be a bit stressful.

Finn16

WKR
I'm watching this one with interest as I'm sitting on 10 points waiting until the last minute. Best of luck whatever you decide!

NEWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
It doesn’t appear that going special adds any options for me, unless I’m missing something.
Doesn’t add a whole lot. I think your odds at 114 would likely be a bit better in the special than the regular this year and you could probably guarantee yourself a tag in 62 if you were so inclined.

pirogue

WKR
What those tag cuts in the top Units do to the the other units is the $64 question this year.

Special 57-2. But, SW WY had a bad Winter, many Winter Kills. The really big one I saw, if he made it, will go 85' this year. They are very territorial so he will be at the same area come this fall.

Laramie

WKR
Antelope don't always get bigger, even in their prime. Weather/nutrition plays a role from year to year. That's why current year scouting is necessary if you are really counting inches.