1100 dollar western rifle

I have 1100 to spend on a rifle that will be used out west. Elk, moose, mule deer etc. I plan on buying a 300 win mag.

what rifle for that price point would you say is best?

thanks

Wvroach

WKR
Is that your budget including optic or just for the rifle? Also what distances do you expect to be shooting, planning on every suppressing or putting a brake on? What weight rifle are you looking for any specific barrel length?

EastMT

WKR
I have 1100 to spend on a rifle that will be used out west. Elk, moose, mule deer etc. I plan on buying a 300 win mag.

what rifle for that price point would you say is best?

thanks

Hmmmm, $1100 for rifle only.... if you want fancy in the looks Dept, I’d go Browning Hells Canyon.

If you want controlled feed, smooth, accurate, Win 70 EW SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightFoot

WKR
Browning HC Speed
Tikka T3X Stainless
Bergara B14 Wilderness
Weatherby Vanguard
Remington.... errr... nevermind...

>>>----JAKE----->

Wvroach

WKR
If weight isn't a huge concern, the bergara HMR would be hard to beat at that price range, browning x bolt, or a used weatherby mark V can't go wrong with any of those. The tikkas are great as well I have 2 and you would have plenty of money for ammo left over but the fit and finish of the xbolt to me is mounds above the tikka in my opinion.

Most all new rifles in that range have the ability to shoot well below moa once you find the ammo they like. Personal pick for me hunting rifle at that range would be the xbolt in whatever flavor you want. If you want to ever shoot competition with it as well the HMR bridges that gap and does both things well though a bit heavy for something I want to lug around for 10 miles.

I would definitely look at Tikka. It will be under your budget and while not perfect. For the money is hard to beat with in your budget. It will shoot great out of the box.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Weatherby has a site wide 20% off sale which I believe includes rifles. Use the code CYBER20.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My semi custom Tikkas cost me right at $1,100 to build with the factory stainless barrel.

.Tikka T3X light or Superlight
.McMillan Hunters Edge Stock
.High desert bottom metal
.YoDave trigger spring

Smooth and bullet proof action. Crisp and reliable trigger. Rifle weighs less than 6 lbs bare. Can’t beat em.

OP
F
Would you guys say the 300 win mag is best all around?
The 6.5 creedmor isn’t powerful enough for grizzly and what not right

Wvroach

WKR
Shot placement above all else, but yes if you want a do all rifle 300WM or 3006 300wsm something in .30 cal IMO will suit you better.

Wvroach

WKR
If you are planning on buying it now I suggest looking at ammo availability in whatever caliber you decide. Scarce supply at the moment on virtually everything but wildcat rounds in my neck of the woods.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Would you guys say the 300 win mag is best all around?
The 6.5 creedmor isn’t powerful enough for grizzly and what not right
.300 win Mag is a great cartridge if you can handle the recoil and shoot reliably with it.

A well placed vitals shot with a 6.5 CM is much more beneficial that a poorly placed shot with a .30 cal bullet no matter the cartridge it’s coming out of.

Food for thought.

section8mainiac

Lil-Rokslider
You are doing the right thing with the 300 win mag. The recommendations above are all good. Also 300 win is one of the only bullets left on the shelf at stores around here.
Get a good brake on it and they kick like a 243.
One of the most important parts of this is putting a good scope on top of it!