12x50 comparison please

I would love to see someone with the right connections do a comparison of mid range 12x binos. Is there a sub $1000 model that holds its own?

The meopta is fantastic.

I have a Leupold bx4 pro guide that is awesome. I paid around $400 for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
Used in that price range is a good option. Mid tier don’t seem to hold their value like swaros. I got some $1400 12’s for $900.

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
That deal Doug at Cameraland is offering is the best you will do in that price range. I have the Meoptas and Swarovski and have used Leicas extensively.

OP
MuleyFever
Those are not the HD Meoptas.

My curiosity was with the lesser brands like the Leupold and SIG and the entry offerings from Kowa, Athlon, Hawke and such.

Shraggs

WKR
I purchased both the cabelas euro hd and the swaro el in 12x50. Obviously high end, and have spent countless time comparing them and could comment in detail should you want...

John

pnw

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the bx 3 12x50 hd they are pretty sweet I have some minox bls 10x 44 the ones that say made germany on them they do seem clearer than the bx3 but I really like the fit of the leupolds I would like to get hands on a pair of the bx5s they might be the ones for me

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be checking out the Maven c3 in 12x50 the next two days. Much lower price range but people rave about the c series. I'll let you know what I think. I've had my eye on those ones for a while.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I purchased both the cabelas euro hd and the swaro el in 12x50. Obviously high end, and have spent countless time comparing them and could comment in detail should you want...

John

Not the OP, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

OP
MuleyFever
I'll be checking out the Maven c3 in 12x50 the next two days. Much lower price range but people rave about the c series. I'll let you know what I think. I've had my eye on those ones for a while.

Let us know.

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
I was able to spend a few minutes with the C.3 12x50s yesterday at the Maven booth at the Hunt Expo. I wanted to check for overall clarity, and the ability to freehand them for close and distant objects. I came away impressed. They are pleasantly compact for me. I didn't notice any freehand issues. I was inside, so I was a little limited, but focused on objects from 400 yards to as close as 20 yards. I was pleased with the clarity and stability. I have been looking into this particular set of glass since October and will be putting in my order next week, if that tells you anything.

OP
MuleyFever
Cool, the narrow FOV is a factor to me. Be sure to update this when you test them out.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I have always liked 12x binos and run the Maven 12x50s and love them. For the price, I really think they can't be beat. Better than Vortex Vipers and more on par with the Razors in direct comparison. They are a great handheld bino, but really shine when you get them on a tripod. I've never had a problem hand holding 12x binos either though and that seems to be the biggest gripe about them. Some people have had issues with the eyecups not staying put where they want them, but I have had no issues with mine. All around just a great bino!