12x50 meopta or vortex uhd?

iahunter08

Lil-Rokslider
Ok as the title states i want to know first hand experience and which to go with im going to grab a new pair of 12s and am between the uhds and meoptas. Give me your thoughts and experiences help me choose. Thanks for the help

Coueser

FNG
I also have Meopta HD 10x42 and 12x50 and ABSOLUTELY love them. I have looked through vortex in store only (other than vortex Razor spotting scope I owned and did not like). Have never looked through UHD, however. Personally, I think the Meopta are underrated alpha glass and by far best bang for buck when found used. Only complaint I have on Meopta is they are heavy and ugly but man I love to look through them. So easy on my eyes

FlatlanderMN

FNG
Classified Approved
I have the Meopta 12x50 and I love them. I looked at everything else before I got them and I believe they are the best in their price range.

DTC

FNG
I am looking for a 12x50 and have narrowed to Meopta and Vortex Razor UHD and maybe Razor HD. I have a Maven B.1 10x42 and a Razor spotting scope. But this year I am hunting (CO 1st rifle elk) with my brother and a friend and I’d like to shave some weight with a 12x50 and tripod (vs. tripod, 10x42 and sporting scope). I would love any thoughts from the community, thanks!

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok as the title states i want to know first hand experience and which to go with im going to grab a new pair of 12s and am between the uhds and meoptas. Give me your thoughts and experiences help me choose. Thanks for the help
We appreciate you checking out our glass, my friend! If you have any questions on the UHDs, please let me know.

Firehawk

WKR
I am looking for a 12x50 and have narrowed to Meopta and Vortex Razor UHD and maybe Razor HD. I have a Maven B.1 10x42 and a Razor spotting scope. But this year I am hunting (CO 1st rifle elk) with my brother and a friend and I’d like to shave some weight with a 12x50 and tripod (vs. tripod, 10x42 and sporting scope). I would love any thoughts from the community, thanks!
You may also want to check out the Maven B6 12x50 that was recently introduced. Seems to be a nice choice in that niche size. The similar B1.2 is getting really good reviews, but I haven't seen many reviews on the B6 yet. Maybe due to availability, but if you like the B1, you will likely like the B6 as well.

That said, I have heard nothing but good reports regarding the Razor UHD aside from their size. I have a Meopta Meostar 15x56 as well. Aside from the bulk and weight, the image is stellar. Lots of good choice out there.

OP
I

iahunter08

Lil-Rokslider
So far i have been happy with the uhd going to get to spend a lot more time behind them this month and will report back but so far i am not disappointed.

Jo83ben

FNG
Really couldn't go wrong with either. I owned a pair of UHD's and they were outstanding, but I returned them and went with SLC's (more compact and in all honesty I wanted swaros for a long time). Meoptas are outstanding and can be found used for almost half the price, though vortex UHD's i've been seeing used for a few hundred off as well. I compared the UHD's to swaro EL's and thought they were close enough (albeit in store, but they looked the same to me).
Check out optica exotica on youtube, i think he does a review on the UHDs and goes into lots of detail on them.

DTC

FNG
I ended up getting the 12x50 Razor HDs. I got a nice deal. I have the Maven B.1 10x42 and love them, but the B.6 are out of stock. I went with the HD over the UHD for 2 reasons: 1) I don’t know that the difference in glass will be noticeable enough for me to spend an extra $500+ And 2) a big reason I am looking in the first place is to shave weight from my current set-up (Maven B.1 and Razor spotting scope). The 12x50 HD weigh about 1/2 pound less than the UHD. I will write back my thoughts after I am back!