12x50 - Meoptas or Leica Trinovids?

Dinger

WKR
G'day,

I'm looking at dipping my toe into the 12x world and I'm looking at some new Meoptas or 2nd hand Trinovids. I have zero experience with either model and haven't turned up a solid comparison between these two.

Anyone care to weigh in with some experiences regarding these two models?

I just about pulled the trigger on some EL's, but in my part of the world they are not that popular (yet?) and will be hard to move on if they don't suit my hunting style. Traditionally 15's and some 8's or 10's are the usual line up we use for deer in forested mountain terrain.

Cheers,

Jason

12x EL’s will not be hard to move on if need be in the future. That would be my choice. As for your original question, I would take the Meopta 12x over the Trinovids.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
My Trinovid vs Meopta comparison was 10x42, not 12x50. It was the Cabelas Euro HD and the current model Trinovid. The Meopta was the better glass.

I also looked at the Euro vs the EL side by side. I now have the 12x50 Euro HD, and my current thinking is that it is all the glass I need. The EL is better, but I got a decent deal on the Meoptas and I am happy with them.

So would the 15x Meoptas be in same class as the swaro 15 Slc HDs?
Not quite. The meoptas are very good but the swaros are a little bit better. I thought they were brighter in low light and have better view around the edges.