14” Wide Backpack

dduarte85

FNG
I’ve gone through every website I can think of... MR, Kifaru, SG, Hill People Gear, etc.

It seems bag design goes up, never in width.

Does anyone anywhere make a bag that’s minimum 14” wide? I’ve seen canoe portage packs but the suspension systems on those leave a lot to desire.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The Stryker packs will hold quite a bit, the XL has a longer sling. The Ma Deuce is 16" wide at the bottom and you can lock out the zipper panel with the compression straps so you can overload it. Tabs on the front of the panel (below the label) and at the top of the black frame sleeve will accept a comp strap for going over top. Our Cargo net will hold pretty much anything. What are you looking to carry?

OP
D

dduarte85

FNG
DEA566C0-CBDA-4831-9E0A-5815BFD9233E.jpeg
I’ve got a fairly large camera , that while it isn’t all that heavy, has both awkward dimensions and delicate material in the bellows that if faced with too much abrasion would develop holes and render the camera useless. I’ve got too many bags... MR 6500, MR load sling, I sold off a HPG Decker pack frame, and lastly I have a canoe food box strapped to a BullPac. I’ve spent wayyyy too many zeros on bags.

SIR_34:16

FNG
Milsurp packs are typically wider and shorter. Tall packs interfere when laying prone and wearing a helmet.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our Seek Outside Packs are near 14 at the bottom and closer to 10 at the top. We believe in spreading the load wide

OP
D

dduarte85

FNG
I think you’re right... custom is next route. I have one more option coming next week, a second hand TT extended range . Coming in at 13” but I think I can flex the fabric a little bit.