142 SMK Performance on Game?

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 6.5 PRC that shoots... Ok. At least for my standards. I am running a 143 ELDX and the groups started opening up. Velocity sped up a touch but not a significant amount, I will need to do some tuning as my pet load I had for this rifle was something I settled on.
I recently discovered that the stock was making contact with the barrel (this rifle was a custom 300 WSM that I rebarreled to a 6.5 PRC.) The damned gunsmith never opened up the barrel channel when he rebarreled the gun. So the load is proving to be completely off now that I addressed the issue and have written that smith off for good.
While doing some testing I tried some 142 SMKs and shot the group below. I pulled the 5th and final shot. This load also has single digit ES with NEW brass. It's winner in anyone's book. Has anyone killed anything with these?

[Yes. Sierra says they are target bullets yet the military continues to use them on people across ed the globe, save me the lecture if you are inclined to insert your opinion about match bullets on meat. I am looking for real world results]

20220427_162434.jpg

I would bet at PRC velocities you will not have any problems. I don't have experience with this bullet in a PRC but we have used it plenty in our Creed's with out any problems. We use 140 VLD's in our PRC's with great success and have settled on Berger's 130gr OTM bullet for the Creed's. It's not a hunting bullet either but we have a pile of big muleys that beg to differ on that one.

Wrench

WKR
I started my 6.5 quest with the 142smk. I killed two cows with two shots from 600 and the herd just watched them tip over dead. I moved to more streamlined bullets, but not because of failure on game. I can't recall how many deer fell to them, but it was never a bad performance. My rig was a 6.5-06 most hits in the 400-800 yard range. They did everything good enough and I wouldn't feel handicapped anywhere other than in my face....and that is only because I never fed one to anything up close.