14A/14B transporter

Ono

FNG
Looking for a transporter for 14A/14B (DC590 tag). Getting the run around with plan A.

Thanks

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
Cole Hawkins, Hawk Air Alaska, flies up there. He has put me out on two drop hunts and I highly recommend him. Tell him Hunter said hello.

akAbe

FNG
Meekins/Blue Ice is the way to go! Nobody else has even 1/10th of the experience flying the Talkeetna Mts as Mike.

akAbe

FNG
If you've got the time and are looking for a rowdy adventure, it's also possible to hike in to where the 'bou are! Feel free to PM me if you want beta on routes.

OP
O

Ono

FNG
If you've got the time and are looking for a rowdy adventure, it's also possible to hike in to where the 'bou are! Feel free to PM me if you want beta on routes.
We're set, thanks though. I contemplated hiking in and packrafting out for about 30 seconds. :)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

chisana

FNG
Meekins/Blue Ice is the way to go! Nobody else has even 1/10th of the experience flying the Talkeetna Mts as Mike.
When I had this permit Meekin was only interested in taking me into the big Iron Creek strip that you can access with a 206 - not worth it!

Russp17

WKR
If he is willing to take you somewhere other than the big Iron Creek strip.
All my friends and myself have gone elsewhere with him on cub strips for caribou/goat/sheep hunts. Not sure what went on with you there, but probably that was all he had left at the time....

chisana

FNG
There a ton of spots you can be dropped off to access DC590. I have flown with Mike on several sheep hunts and yes, obviously he has other areas he takes people for those hunts, but he told me the Iron Creek strip was the only place he was dropping DC590 hunters.

Russp17

WKR
There a ton of spots you can be dropped off to access DC590. I have flown with Mike on several sheep hunts and yes, obviously he has other areas he takes people for those hunts, but he told me the Iron Creek strip was the only place he was dropping DC590 hunters.

Weird... Not our case and my experience hunting this tag. Hopefully not the case for the original poster because he will do it much cheaper than 2,500....

OP
O

Ono

FNG
I would suggest giving either of these two outfits a call. I will be hunting this tag as well this year.

We're set, thanks, getting dropped in ~ Aug 20. Good luck to you.

OP
O

Ono

FNG
Hey, for the good of the group, who did you end up going with and why???
Went with Meekins. 1) Personally know past customers 2) spoke with the operator and liked what I heard 3) Cost, Meekins is ~ a grand less than hawk air initially, but might require extra $$ for a meat flight. The rub here is that if we both tag a bou and take a moose (pipedream) we're going to end up close to what I was quoted by Hawk air. I specifically asked Hawk air about meat flights, no extra charge. Our logic here might be way off, but this is the direction we decided to go. Pay for the "grandslam" after vs before. Also, paying more for a flight into this unit than a flight from Bettles into the Brooks was a little tough to reconcile. Flew with BRA on the last adventure. See what happens this time.

JColony

FNG
Thanks for sharing!! You're logic makes perfect sense! It is hunting after all. I'd rather pay after I know I'm actually incurring the cost also.

Kreefa13

FNG
How did the hunt go? I drew the tag for this year and am flying in at the end of August.