Sold 15d Down Mummy Bag, Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoBC_99

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking to sell a premium down mummy bag, Brooks Range Drift 15, size Long. It just doesn't fit me well.

$300 TYD PayPal F&F or add 3%

This bag was a gift but mistakenly got the Long version. It's the nicest sleeping bag that I have ever owned so it took me a few uses for me to figure out that doesn't make up for it being the wrong size for me! It's been on the shelf for the last several years since I got a down quilt and would make a great bag for someone taller than me.

Size Long, up to 6'6"
22.5oz of DownTek hydrophobic 850+ fill-power down
15d nylon shell with DWR

3/4 length left-hand zipper
Full halo collar, top collar, and zip draft tube
InsoTect flow baffle system
Packs down to 7.5x12-inch stuff sack
MSRP $580

Roomy! Compare the girth measurements on this bag to the famous Western Mountaineering Badger. This bag is only a few inches smaller in the shoulder but actually roomier through the foot.

Generous temp rating. EN Comfort rating is ~20F and the limit is ~7F. Compare that to a lot of "20 degree" bags with a comfort rating closer to 32F. (Typo in table: It's 7 degrees Fahrenheit above zero for the limit rating.)

Brooks Range must not have had much luck breaking in to the sleeping bag market, because these are no longer being made. I don't know why, as I think this bag is very nice. This is a very warm 3-season bag that you can really push into the cold shoulder seasons.

Used a dozen nights, always with base layers. Stored uncompressed in a smoke-free home. Comes with nylon stuff sack and cotton storage bag. This thing is basically good as new.

I could throw in an extra synthetic bag as well, a Marmot Trestles 20d, regular length. Simple heavy bag that I used years ago before I switched to down. Great for car camping or for a beginner who's willing to carry some extra weight.

IMG_2758.JPGcapture.JPGIMG_2755.JPGIMG_2756.JPGIMG_2757.JPGIMG_2759.JPGIMG_2761.JPGIMG_2762.JPG

Attachments

• BR_Sleeping_Bag_Comparison.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
OP
W

WyoBC_99

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OP
W

WyoBC_99

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had a request for loft measurement. It looks to be about 6-7 inches when I zip it up and lay it flat. That includes bottom and top together.

IMG_2780.JPGIMG_2783.JPG

OP
W

WyoBC_99

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
$300 TYD

Come on - I know there are some taller dudes out there who would love this bag!

(lower 48 ...)

ocurtis

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$300 TYD

Come on - I know there are some taller dudes out there who would love this bag!

(lower 48 ...)

I dont seem intelligent enought to figure out how to PM. send me a PM - I may be interested. I have a similar bag but it is too small for my liking.

OP
W

WyoBC_99

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I dont seem intelligent enought to figure out how to PM. send me a PM - I may be interested. I have a similar bag but it is too small for my liking.

Sent you a PM, shows up at the top right at the envelope icon, 'Conversations'

OP
W

WyoBC_99

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The girth is also on the roomier side compared to some bags; 63" at the shoulder, 59" at the hip, and 42" at the foot.

The bag is in great shape and has seen very minimal use.

Let me know if I can provide any more info.
-Nathan

OP
W

WyoBC_99

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Please note the typo in the temp ratings on the shared pdf from BR. They messed up the conversion between Celsius and Fahrenheit. The Limit rating should be+7F. As some folks have pointed out, there's usually about a 10 degree F change between the Comfort and the Limit rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.