15x binos BANG FOR BUCK?

JakeSCH

WKR
I love my maven's (i've had 15x and 18x), but in that 1k class of binos a lot of it is dependant on your personal eyes and what makes you confident / comfortable.

I "demoed" a pair of maven's and was completely sold on them...a great alternative if you only need it for a week or so.

I love my maven's (i've had 15x and 18x), but in that 1k class of binos a lot of it is dependant on your personal eyes and what makes you confident / comfortable.

I "demoed" a pair of maven's and was completely sold on them...a great alternative if you only need it for a week or so.

They don’t mind field use? I’m considering doing the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric1115

WKR
What do you have now? Binos, spotters, tripod setup, etc?

What is the hunt (and what do you anticipate being the type of hunting you do going forward)?

Beendare

WKR
I did a side by side with the Meopta, Swaro and Vortex Kaibabs on an AZ coues hunt....we all agreed with the Rokslide test done a year or two ago here...the Meoptas are every bit as good as the swaros at 1/2 the price.

____

I can tell the difference between the meostars and slc 15x56... but the meostars are 95% the binos my slc are, and I’d have zero issues using either. Meostars are the best value in the bino world in my opinion

LightFoot

WKR
right now Euro Optic has the Leupold BX-5 Santiam 15-56 on sale for $799. Those are 1200-1400 everywhere else. On top of that Leupold has a promo when you buy those you get a free carbon fiber tripod. I think there are better binos out there but those are very well reviewed and for that price I don't think you will beat the deal. imo
This ^^^^

>>>----JAKE----->

AZsniper

WKR

Dtp465

FNG
I’ve been looking into the Meopta Meaostars as everyone says they are the closest thing to the Swaro SLC. What is the advantage of the Swaro? Better edge to edge and clarity? How does the warranty between the two compare?

I run Kaibab HD 20x, got em in the bargain cave for 700. Cant imagine I can find better glass for the money. Also sold my spotter and primarily use the large binos in long range glassing scenarios

JGRaider

WKR
For the money I don't think anything touches that right now. Even if you don't need the carbon fiber tripod that Leupold is giving away (it only goes up to 58in) you could sell it for say $200 and then the binos only cost you $599.

Europtic webiste/link provided shows that the $799 and $839 versions of this bino are not eligible for the carbon fiber tripod deal from leupold.

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
For the money I don't think anything touches that right now. Even if you don't need the carbon fiber tripod that Leupold is giving away (it only goes up to 58in) you could sell it for say $200 and then the binos only cost you $599.

Anyone actually have a set of these and can compare them to the Meostars? The price is very tempting but I don't want to be disappointed by the view through them.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Multiple bird sites report the leupold 15x56 are made in the same fscotry in japan from the same components as the Maven B4 and the Sig Zulu 15x56. both the maven and the si have been very well reviewed here at st birding sites. For $799, I’m not sure you can go wrong.

JakeSCH

WKR
I saw someone on here post Maven B4's 15x56's for $700. I would jump on that

Last edited:

Brent111368

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Vortex Kaibab 15x56, not sure they had different gens, but I was not impressed with them. This was probably 5-6 years ago. The view was just eh, and the eyecups were chunky as hell. Not a good Big Eye binocular in my opinion. Again, they were $1000 plus less than the Swarovski. Lots of choices out there now.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
best value for the quality you get . Mavens . I have maven B series , Leupolds, and swaros . Mavens are about 85 to 90 percent as good IN MY OPINION for my eyes . My maven 9x45s are about 95 percent . They are awesome . Really great as good as my swaros in low light . I actually use them more than the others . Just my 2 cents . and you can demo mavens , try em . IF you don't like em send them back .

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Going on first hunt that will be glassing and looking to purchase quality glass, best value For money

You would be hard pressed to beat the Vortex UHD 12x or 18x. They don’t have a 15x but I’ve tested the 10’s extensively against Leica Noctivid, Swarovski EL, and a number of other outstanding options over several days side by side all tripod mounted. Regardless of the price, the UHD Vortex are among the best glass period, and were easily the best value among those we tested.

We rent them and you can test for yourself against anything else we carry from Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss. I’ve spent a lot of time behind 15x SLC’s and the 18x UHD’s compete.

www.RgunsNgear.com

If you love them we will credit up to 7 days rental toward purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally had my heart and goals set on the SLC but sorta ran out of time and money and “settled” for the MeoStar HD. I doubt I have missed a single thing and only regret not using them more.