15x power binos??

rmarshall

WKR
Ok guys I have been reader and follower for a long time but haven't posted until recently, so I'm a newbie. I love hunting Mule deer and have been doing it for years while only using my Minox HG 10x43, and occasional spotter. Is there any 15 or 18x binos under a grand even worth looking at? realistically I can't go more than that right now. thanks in advance. The 18x seems to be a better fit but most of them are new to the game. Maybe something new will be out this year.

Beendare

WKR
Some of the best comparisons and analysis on this site if you search.

The Meoptas are right at that price point through Cameraland- call- and I've compared them with a couple other models-yep, better.......... Rokslide tests are accurate.

Forest

WKR
I've used a few different levels. 15x shows the difference in price point more than anything else. If I own another pair of 15s it would be meopta at a minimum.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

i'd take a set of meopta 15s over any other 15x or 18x except for the newest Swarovski 15s. The Minox 15x58 and Docter 15x60 are sleepers in that category and are more than capable for less than $1,000.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
For a serious long range hunter, the single most important item of equipment is good binnoculars.
Exactly what type and size would depend on where and how an individual hunts. For serious glassing, a tripod is a must. 15x would be a good choice for longer distances or looking for points on horns, and sometimes 15x wont be enough.
Conditions will ultimately be the deciding factor on how well any of them perform. These wont be the type you hang on your neck as you walk around all day.
Go to the 24 Hour Campfire website, and then the
(home page), and look for the article entitled (big eyes). Its now an older article and newer glasses have come along, but it is a good and accurate read.

Save up your money and get a used set of the swaro 15x . Make sure you get the newest hd version.

Don't forget a good tripod and head to mount them on.

The only other model I would consider I'd consider is the meopta meostars.

Felix40

WKR
You can get sigs for about that money. Ive looked through mine side by side with swaros and the difference was not enough for me to even think about changing.

2blade

WKR
You can get sigs for about that money. Ive looked through mine side by side with swaros and the difference was not enough for me to even think about changing.

I have to agree with this, the sig's are really close

The older minox 15x58 are amazing if you can find them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ve got a pair of minox 15x58s, I’m quite happy with them for the $400 I paid. I’d really love to put them side by side with swaros and see how much of a difference there is.

OP
R

rmarshall

WKR
Thanks guys for all the replies, now it’s time to save the money why and start shopping around

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I have the meopta 15x
I absolutely love them I don’t think swaros have much if anything over them