15x56 Binocular Tripod Adapter for Short Interpupillary Distance

I've tried just about every binocular quick release post-style tripod adapter (Vortex, Swaro, Outdoorsmans) and none of them allow my Cabelas Euro HD 15x56s to maximum pivot to accommodate for my short interpupillary distance.

Outdoorsmans is suggesting their ring adapter but I can't find any pics to see if it will allow my binos to close all the way to touching where I need them to be.

They also recommended a strap style holder (Leica) but I hear the straps are prone to breaking, especially in the dry AZ heat.

I really like the Outdoorsmans Bino Hand if only the strap went around both barrels of the binos allowing them to be fully pivoted in.

Anyone else with this problem come up with a good solution?

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
You could look at leupold bino tray or bog pod bino rest. No a perfect system but fixes your problem. I would like to know if there is a better option

KDC Bino tower is quite narrow. I haven’t used any of the others, so I can’t specifically comment on relative width.
Might want to give KDC a call.

OP
AZ SpotStalker
KDC Bino tower is quite narrow. I haven’t used any of the others, so I can’t specifically comment on relative width.
Might want to give KDC a call.
Thanks for the KDC recommendation however the tower shaft appears to be as thick or thicker than the Outdoorsmans. If you own one can you see if the barrels touch at the objective end when installed?

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
Fellow Arizonan and I have the EXACT same problem. I've tried almost everything out there and ultimately, had to sell the binos I was using and picked up a set of UHD 18's that solved the problem.

Nothing with a post worked for me. The rings are OK but didn't close all the way, which was a requirement. They're better than their quick attach post which was a beast. Which from my experience was similar to the KDC Bino tower.

One option, is to take your binos into Outdoorsmans (Fountain Hills) and give it a shot in store. Might be easier said that done based on where you are at but their CS is second to none.

Other than that, I'd look at the tray/strap option. It doesn't last forever but they're surprisingly robust.

I use a homemade tray for Leica 15x56 Geovids, 2" wide velcro strap off a relative's removable cast on a padded and threaded plate. My plate is tropical hardwood from a long ago deck project, but aluminum would be lighter. PM me a # to text a photo if you wish.

Thanks for the KDC recommendation however the tower shaft appears to be as thick or thicker than the Outdoorsmans. If you own one can you see if the barrels touch at the objective end when installed?
I am only running 8x42s. For my Binos, the objectives touch (actually the ring that holds the objective covers in place) both with and without the KDC tower installed. See pics. The KDC towered has a slight radius so it is thinnest at mid height where the objective bells are widest. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• B538D7A4-4B11-4139-95AC-6C7D33A22804.jpeg
    B538D7A4-4B11-4139-95AC-6C7D33A22804.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 374A5D69-699D-4E7A-BBC2-3AD2C56B202A.jpeg
    374A5D69-699D-4E7A-BBC2-3AD2C56B202A.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
  • C8AE1DCF-47EF-4FCA-A379-7552E4099427.jpeg
    C8AE1DCF-47EF-4FCA-A379-7552E4099427.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 14
OP
AZ SpotStalker
Thanks for all of the replies. Outdoorsmans is sending me a ring adapter at no charge to test it out. They are also matching the price of the quick release bino adapter and stud ($20 cheaper) if it works. If not, they said send everything back for a full refund. Great CS so far.

If the ring doesn't work i'm going to try the Leupold tray as it's only $20. Anyone use this for 15x56s? I'm hearing it is on the smaller side and not made for bigger binos.