15x56 options?

dtrkyman

WKR
Looking into some higher powered nockers, probably have a cap of 1500$.

Seems the Meopta may be the choice. I have seen the Leupold Bx5 for 1k and hear good things about the Maven.

Steiner HX.

I believe the Meopta were also a bit lighter weight.

I only bowhunt and these are primarily for Mule deer as I have not seen a need yet for higher power for other hunts, though obviously these will get plenty of use.

Are the Cabelas euro Meopta?

Thanks

Last edited:
When I was in the market for 15s the other bino I was looking at seriously was the sig sauer 15x Zulu. It’s cost is right about at your cap for budget, just something to consider as well that I’ve heard good reviews on.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
I did see those, they seem to make a quality optic but are relatively new to the market as far as optics.

Funny thing is I searched here and came up with mostly for sale or wtb ads, google search brought me to Rokslide threads about the topic.

The meostars 15x56 hd is a great bino! VERY close to my swaro HD’s. And you can find them in the 1000 range. In my opinion, unless you wanna get up to around the 1800 for the slc hd, the meoptas are the best out there. The zeiss conquests would be third on my list. The leupold/sig/mavens would be 4th.
Every time I use my brothers meoptas I wonder if I should sell my swaros and buy meoptas and put the difference towards another toy

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Thanks guys, with the lighter weight and quality of the Meopta that is what I will end up with!

rdbunch20

FNG
I'm wanting the same thing but can't decide between Swaros and Meopta. I think I'm going to get the Meoptas and a carbon tripod for the same investment price of swaros.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor of this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options with you if you've got the time to give a call, 516-217-1000. This way we can discuss what would be best for you.

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56's. I'm interested to see if I end up wanting to transition my Vortex Razor HD 12x50's into a 10x of some sort.

Hoodie

WKR
I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56's. I'm interested to see if I end up wanting to transition my Vortex Razor HD 12x50's into a 10x of some sort.

If you end up liking the 15x56, I´d ditch the 12x50 and look for a good 8x42. 8x and 15x56 makes a good combo for hunts where you don´t want to haul a spotter. 10x42 would be fine too though. Iḿ assuming if you were using the 12x50 Razors as your only bino that you can hand-hold higher magnifications pretty well.

If you end up liking the 15x56, I´d ditch the 12x50 and look for a good 8x42. 8x and 15x56 makes a good combo for hunts where you don´t want to haul a spotter. 10x42 would be fine too though. Iḿ assuming if you were using the 12x50 Razors as your only bino that you can hand-hold higher magnifications pretty well.
Exactly. And sometimes packing a spotter in addition to the 12's. I think if I got a pair of 10's with a good FOV, it would be a really solid combo as well.

Hoodie

WKR
If 10x with a good FOV is what you´re looking for check out the Nikon Monarch HG. I went from Meostar 12x50s to them and have no regrets. They´re super light and I think they have the widest FOV available in a 10x42.