16 gauge... Slugs

Thedeerfarmer

Lil-Rokslider
So, here's a little bit more of a unique reloading thread. I'm hoping someone on here will hop on a offer a little advice. A few months back I had the opportunity to buy a safe queen original Ithiaca 16 gauge Deerslayer with a rifled barrel. Being from the Midwest and still shotgun hunting whitetails every chance I get, I could resist picking it up with a nice Leupold scope for $300. I have shot it with Remington Sluggers and I'm putting two in the same hole 2" high at 50, just where I like my slug guns hitting. That being said, I would like to work up a load for it with some muzzleloader bullets or something of the type. If anyone has any suggestions on a where to find sabots or loading 16 gauge slugs I'd love any info you've got! Thanks in advance!
-DF

I looked into reloading 20 gauge slugs a few years ago thinking exactly the same as you. Turns out components are hard to come by and I have up on the idea. Be interested to hear if you did different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, here's a little bit more of a unique reloading thread. I'm hoping someone on here will hop on a offer a little advice. A few months back I had the opportunity to buy a safe queen original Ithiaca 16 gauge Deerslayer with a rifled barrel. Being from the Midwest and still shotgun hunting whitetails every chance I get, I could resist picking it up with a nice Leupold scope for $300. I have shot it with Remington Sluggers and I'm putting two in the same hole 2" high at 50, just where I like my slug guns hitting. That being said, I would like to work up a load for it with some muzzleloader bullets or something of the type. If anyone has any suggestions on a where to find sabots or loading 16 gauge slugs I'd love any info you've got! Thanks in advance!
-DF
BPI Slug Loading Manual 8th edition and also BPI has what you will need to load them. Check them out.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

TauPhi111

WKR
I'd look to bpi as well. Maybe look into molding your own full bore slugs. Accurate molds might have something or could design one