162gr ELD-X or SST for Eastern Moose

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I think you'll be glad you found those TTSX bullets. I would hate to do all that traveling/expense of a guide to take a quartering away shot with a bullet (that should do it). Those Accubonds have a great reputation as well. I can't believe it's still so hard to find components.

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite and i mean absolute fav hunting bullet is 162 SST in my 7 mag for deer, SST IMO and i feel like i've tested everything, is the best whitetail bullet, however i wouldn't use it on an elk or bigger game as there are much better options. I took a huge AK moose this year with my 300wm shooting 200gr accubond and it did as good as anything would do. Moose aren't tough they are just big, my advice with a 280 moose hunting would be to shoot a partition, accubond, or a Barnes TTSX. Sure, the 162 SST or ELDX will kill that moose and do a great job IF you stay away from bone. I'd even say theres probably not going to be a better bullet for a double lung shot but you owe it to the animal to use the best bullet per caliber per game for the marginal shot if you get big moose fever! Hope that helps!

AkRyan

WKR
If your shooting solid copper bullets from the 280ai you should drop weight to gain velocity so you know the bullet functions as it should. Imo your best bet is nosler accubond, wife and daughter both use these in a 7mm-08 for moose.

OP
Robbo857

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
If your shooting solid copper bullets from the 280ai you should drop weight to gain velocity so you know the bullet functions as it should. Imo your best bet is nosler accubond, wife and daughter both use these in a 7mm-08 for moose.

I should get something to work. I have 140 and 150gr TTSX and 160 Accubonds. Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtmooser

FNG
I shot a bull in NL last year with a 30-06 with hornady 185 EDLX at 227 yards it took 3 rounds in the lungs broad side to bring him down with no exit wounds.

the eld x will do just fine put it behind the shoulder take out the vitals and you'll have moose back strap for dinner I've used the 150-162 eld x in my 280 ai for moose deer elk bears goats and sheep fro 150 out to 600 yards 1 shot each through the vitals and it resulted in a dead animal
my wife killed a 6x7 bull elk here in montana @ 447 yards last year with a 143 eld x out of a creed
1 shot destroyed the lungs bull went 12 yards fell over dead
that made her 15th bull elk with that combination with shots ranging from 200 - 470 yards never had to track any of them farther then 60 yards
keep it off the shoulder at close range and the eld x will get the job done