.166 Outsert Alternatives

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I have brought this up in the past - still looking for a stainless outsert and hoping for new alternatives. I am shooting black eagle deep impact arrows and still using the older 68-grain stainless outsert system. It was simple and effective. The new 100-grain FOCUS outsert system is too long at 2" and heavy.

I am specifically looking at an outsert setup. Half out do not offer the same arrow protection.

I have looked at the Ethics setup and it is too heavy with its lightest configuration at 90 grains.

I have looked at the valkyrie system and I don't want to be stuck using their proprietary broadheads and field points.

I have also looked at Iron Will and their .166 system requires Deep Six broadheads.

Any other alternatives that I am missing?

OR Archer

WKR
Only option I can think of is the Easton Titanium half outs. That’d be as close of an option weight and strength wise but not quite what you’re looking for. Compatibility would be another question also.

I tried FOCOS - they weren’t great as a couple did not spin true after some shooting - just into foam and a bag target. No big misses into dirt. I don’t like the way the Easton Ti inserts are set up, not going over the arrow at all, But, I have friends that use them and love them. I honestly like the D6 heads and Iron will set up. Another option is Firenock outserts and a D6 insert for reinforcement- just a b*tch to get totally concentric.

Last edited:
I have used a bunch of the FOCOS system. I have had very good luck with them spinning true. They have been very consistent for me and easy to install. The durability has been extremely good too. I also have had extremely good luck with any customer service in the phone. I do like the system but wonder why someone doesn’t make a insert/collar all in one that covers more of the arrow shaft

I’ve had good luck with the Iron Will system. I think they make the best setup. I’ve also used ethic outserts with great results

devinhal

FNG
I have used the Easton Titanium .166 outserts and have had nothing but great luck with them. I will continue to use them with my GT Pierce arrows.

Zac

WKR
The only real solution to this is ditching the .166. As usual the only legitimate options are Valkyrie, and the Snyder Core system.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Easton also has a stainless steel half out that may work for you. The Easton Ti are very good and have good reviews across the board. Firenock's outsert works very well, just get the right size for your shafts and there may be a tiny bit of sanding involved, but they are very tough, release from targets well and if you take your time with the install process, you can get them to spin perfectly true.