.17 Fireball

I recently purchased a Remington Model 7 in .17 fireball. Gun is very close to NIB( been shot 40 times). It was a decent package deal as the owner sold me four boxes of factory ammo, 215 new remington brass, 250 20 gr. Hornady VMAX, 250 25 gr. Hornady Hollowpoints and a new set of RCBS dies. New toy to tinker with and enjoyable to shoot. I have not received the brass and ammo yet but am anxious to try this new toy out. New walking varminter to add to the collection. Although I did not need another one as the LVSF 22-250 is the primary predator calling gun.

Does anyone have any experience with the .17 Fireball??

CallingPredators_zps945c2040.jpg

Justin Davis and I on a recent trip calling. M700 22-250 LVSF pictured...

tstowater

WKR
Some guys have all the luck. I don't have one, but they sure look fun. Have three 17 Remingtons in 700's so I have a fair amount of experience there. The 17 Fireball should be quieter, use less powder and be a good shooter. "They" say that barrel life should be better and the gun barrel won't get as hot. I would look at some of the Berger bullets and I see that I hae some Nosler Varmageddens that I would try. Finding the best powder shouldn't take too long. Good luck and have fun.

OP
sanchomaes
I look forward to shooting the little pill and coming up with different recipes. I really want to trick this gun with a stock and a different trigger. Several different ideas floating around. I was planning on putting a 2.5-8x36 leupy to top it off. Talley LW lows.