17 Hornet

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
Has anybody used one of these? I like them and really think they are a neat round, but nobody sells them around here yet. I think it would be a really fun bench rifle.

tstowater

WKR
I need it like I need a hole in the head. I really like 17s as I have several each of the 17 Remingtons, HMRs and HM2s. Use the 17 Remingtons a lot for prairie dogs and other varmint shooting. I really like what the HMR does to sparrows and starlings if you hit them just right. HM2 is a lot quieter and does a nice job. Haven't got the 17 Fireball yet, but it is like the 17 Hornet and will eventually end up in my overfull gun safe. Looks like too much fun to pass up. Have had a 22 Hornet for years and just started to use it, same with 22 Magnum. With the newer ammo and loads available, these guns are fun to shoot and accurate. 17 Hornet for those who don't have a pile of other 17s would be a great choice.

OP
wk93

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
Well I have the .17 HMR and a 22 Magnum and they are sure fun. That is why I wamt one of these.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a .17 rem, and a .17 ackley hornet. I love the .17 caliber. Of you buy one, you will have to buy a special cleaning rod and if you reload for them, you have to buy specialized .17 caliber stuff. It can get expensive.