Sold Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

6.5x284

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a new KUIU Kenai Ultra Hooded Jacket, size L, in Verde 2.0. I am looking to trade for the same jacket in XL. Jacket has only been tried on, never used outside or hunted with. Completely flawless. If I could find the tags, I would just return for a XL. I initially was happy with fit, but tried it for my specific application and realized I need to upsize to layer how I want. Only interested in a great shape XL Hooded Ultra in Verde 2.0.

Will also sell outright if interested for $186. That's 15% off KUIU website value of Kenai Ultra Hooded Jacket plus free shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_7429.jpg
    IMG_7429.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7428.jpg
    IMG_7428.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7426.jpg
    IMG_7426.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm torn between this jacket and the axis hybrid. How is the wind resistance with these? Being super breathable concerns me that mountain winds would blow through it pretty easily.

OP
6.5x284

6.5x284

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Honestly between these two if you are looking for something as a mainly outer layer with wind resistance, the Axis will be much better with hybrid waterproof panels having much better wind blocking features. This shines as a mid layer that breathes awesome or an easy use outer layer IMO. Now if you pair this under a waterproof jacket, it's fantastic. I do that a lot with my non Camo mountaineering brands with similar products to this and the Yukon KUIU equivalents.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Honestly between these two if you are looking for something as a mainly outer layer with wind resistance, the Axis will be much better with hybrid waterproof panels having much better wind blocking features. This shines as a mid layer that breathes awesome or an easy use outer layer IMO. Now if you pair this under a waterproof jacket, it's fantastic. I do that a lot with my non Camo mountaineering brands with similar products to this and the Yukon KUIU equivalents.
I appreciate the response. I am indeed looking for an outer layer without going overboard. On the fence between the kuiu axis and the sitka jetstream now. Thanks for the reply.

OP
6.5x284

6.5x284

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Looks like some reviews on their site say these run a little small or are an 'athletic' fit. May I ask your height/weight?

I'm 6 ft and 185-190. For me, it fits great over 1 layer (merino 145). It feels a little tight in the armpit area with 2 layers (merino 145 and peloton 240). I initially tried it on over just my base layer and thought it would be perfect, only later did i dig out my 240 and try it on over both unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.